Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

I laid myself out there last night, gave it my best shot, probably will go down in a ball of flames and it is my own damn fault. My dream told beware of Jerrys damn Elephant and I ignored it. Now I have 2 hopes, some great wave watching and Ski areas up north get something.

Stick with your rule. Closed low underneath us and it will snow. Think you’re giving up way way too soon . Maybe not your crippler forecast, but hills will snow 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Stick with your rule. Closed low underneath us and it will snow. Think you’re giving up way way too soon . Maybe not your crippler forecast, but hills will snow 

Yea that's not what I was referring too though. I covered Mts to coast, absolutely think elevations end up with snow just concerned its nothing like I imagined, not giving up just think odds went way down from my initial thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Here ya go Blair, yikes

index.png

Thanks. Guess I'll lean away from the solutions that put Nantucket out from under the strong stuff for a time Friday night. Raging winds. Course by then I'll be comfortably in Nassau. I fly out of Logan Friday morning before it goes nuclear.

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

no one is really paying homage to it now, that's the point, regardless.  Lot of hand wringing at the wrong focus - I don't care who gets "credit" for seeing stuff... but the reality of it's plausible influence on this thing is still there - so, I guess someone made note of it, everyone paused for a second, then summarily resumed the clammer over the wrong focus - okay

We've been talking about that s/w for 36-48hrs. It has turned into a legit snowstorm for N ME and I agree, depending on the amount of confluence it produces has greatly affected where the firehose focuses.

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

I really don't think this is the issue. ML warmth was always flooding the region until the coastal developed. The difference is, we don't have the final explosive phase off the coast, so ML temps don't immediately collapse. In my view the main issue boils down to a less wrapped up system when its at our longitude....

SNE excluding the Berks and ORH hills, always needed a nuke to get good snow; and this is especially true with a track more tucked into the coast.

Eh....I think the low tracking further north initially matters....but you are right that the later phase hurts, too.

2 minutes ago, ackwaves said:

Thanks. Guess I'll lean away from the solutions that put Nantucket out from under the strong stuff for a time Friday night. Raging winds. Course by then I'll be comfortably in Nassau. I fly out of Logan Friday morning before it goes nuclear.

Did I tell you how much you suck, lol. Delays due to winds rain Friday Am?

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Did I tell you how much you suck, lol. Delays due to winds rain Friday Am?

Lol. Bareboat sailing in the Exumas for 10days. Ahhhhhh. Maybe delays. 1st flight out for that aircraft so they may just launch us through the deck without delay hopefully. I'm thinking 30-40mph with rain. Should be good to go.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We've been talking about that s/w for 36-48hrs. It has turned into a legit snowstorm for N ME and I agree, depending on the amount of confluence it produces has greatly affected where the firehose focuses.

NO... not talking about the mechanics of the jet orientation - ...I said, the cold source at low levels is being blocked by it. 

Archived