Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Why am I not sold on this coming up as far as CNE?  I just look at the model trends.  Last night's 0Z Euro went south but then at 12Z came back north.  The 06Z GFS got the good stuff to about me but then the 12Z went south again.  So until I see a couple of runs on these models hold steadfast in getting the QPF to C/NNE I am not totally invested.  Looks good for a big storm of some kind down there but much odds decrease as you head up my way.

The ensembles are overwhelming

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Dec 92 didn't just give SE MA nightmares. Gene and dendrite would've deleted their accounts. 

That said, this could jackpot rangeley still. 

Okay,  I will be (mostly in) if the 18Z GFS looks good. 

Quick story.  I think it might have been the  Dec 92 storm but maybe not. I lived in Newton before buying my fixer upper up here.  You guys know its just a hobby for me, I don't have a Met degree (copped out with a Geography degree).  One day back in the early 90's I walked into Weather Services Corp which was in Bedford Mass and asked to volunteer. Told them I would do anything to learn more.  Back then before the Net they manually called their clients before big storms.  Lots of highway departments.  I worked the phones calling clients during big storms.  I think maybe it was Dec 92 but maybe the wrong storm.  It was just pounding snow just west of Bedford that evening.  Just rain at Rt 128.  The line just sat and sat.  When I left that evening I drove back and forth from the snow to rain line.  Very narrow, just a few miles.  Later that night it collapsed to the coast.  I might be thinking of the wrong storm. Got tired of living in the Boston area and decided it was time to move up here...

Okay time to look at the GFS.

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Okay,  I will be (mostly in) if the 18Z GFS looks good. 

Quick story.  I think it might have been the  Dec 92 storm but maybe not. I lived in Newton before buying my fixer upper up here.  You guys know its just a hobby for me, I don't have a Met degree (copped out with a Geography degree).  One day back in the early 90's I walked into Weather Services Corp which was in Bedford Mass and asked to volunteer. Told them I would do anything to learn more.  Back then before the Net they manually called their clients before big storms.  Lots of highway departments.  I worked the phones calling clients during big storms.  I think maybe it was Dec 92 but maybe the wrong storm.  It was just pounding snow just west of Bedford that evening.  Just rain at Rt 128.  The line just sat and sat.  When I left that evening I drove back and forth from the snow to rain line.  Very narrow, just a few miles.  Later that night it collapsed to the coast.  I might be thinking of the wrong storm. Got tired of living in the Boston area and decided it was time to move up here...

Okay time to look at the GFS.

:lol:

Archived