Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2018 Model Discussion

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

After looking at some of the 12Z guidance that storm I was remembering that one too --

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2004/05-Dec-03.html

Remember this one as a high schooler down near Baltimore. This was during a string of consecutive years when we would get a storm somewhere between Dec 5-10, like magic. 

On 3/7/2018 at 6:10 PM, SnoSki14 said:

No way is that storm staying suppressed with indices quickly rising plus seasonal trends. 

I'd be more alarmed if it wasn't suppressed this far out. 

However the same March problems would likely reappear with a non-arctic airmass in place. That's why this pattern would've been 20X better had it occurred a month ago. 

this is march not december if this was february the last 3 storms would have dropped a lot of snow in nyc....

42 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

PDII was originally modeled to be two separate storms, similar to this, until it all ended up consolidating into one massive storm.

I remember it looked like a handgun pointed directly at Maryland, streaming moisture. Took so long to crank up the coast but when it did it demolished all of I95

1 hour ago, allgame830 said:

Ant, cold air in March won’t be enough we need good timing and rates you should know better.. but this is the best airmass of the 4 yes

I agree

Gfs is a snowy run

Strung out but the 2nd low takes over as the main low and crawls and snows itself out

Just now, Snow88 said:

I will be until 3am

3am? Damn you is a feen my cuz!Feen. By the way you Albanian or Italian?

Also just woke up for bathroom, gfs looks very good kinda concerned my favorite model cmc isn’t showing something like it. I’d be more interested in seeing the ukmet than the euro!

4 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

3am? Damn you is a feen my cuz!Feen. By the way you Albanian or Italian?

Also just woke up for bathroom, gfs looks very good kinda concerned my favorite model cmc isn’t showing something like it. I’d be more interested in seeing the ukmet than the euro!

Italian

I'm at work right now

23 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

I prefaced my original post on the topic by saying that Miller B’s aren’t usually as exciting as Miller A’s, and yes I agree that ones that develop near OBX are better. Yes the Superstorm was a Miller A, as was Boxing Day, as was some of the storms this year. They drop crazy amounts of snow over a narrow area.

My favorite storms are the ones with a large area of overrunning that fights an arctic airmass.  So those should be the early developing Miller B's that we mentioned.

Going from the 80s, my favorites are Feb 83, Jan 96, PD2 and Jan 2016.

Are those the early developing Miller B's we've been talking about?

Can long duration storms be of either type with equivalent frequency?  Someone said earlier that Miller B's only drop snow for about 12 hours- he must have been talking about the late developing ones that hit E NE.

3 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Wow gfs 06z run has us under snow and some mixed precipitation for 36 hours straight. Close to a foot of snow for nyc 

Wow haven't had a long duration storm in awhile.  Looks like DC gets the goods finally too.

12 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Wow haven't had a long duration storm in awhile.  Looks like DC gets the goods finally too.

They hardly ever come to fruition so I wouldn't bank on it just yet; some long duration storms we have had have mixed a lot too, even in mi-winter, so you can expect no less in March.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived