Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2018 Model Discussion

WeatherFeen2000

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

The GEFS doesn’t agree with the operational. Every run has been progressively ticking further and further east

Did you at least get yesterday's layup right ? 

Just curious , I don't hang in here , so I am just asking 

( I posted on the first 2 - 10 days ago )

Monday will be # 3 , I posted on that in here on Sunday 

Not sure where the heaviest axis will be but that's going to just S of the BM

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, PB COLTS NECK NJ said:

Did you at least get yesterday's layup right ? 

Just curious , I don't hang in here , so I am just asking 

( I posted on the first 2 - 10 days ago )

Monday will be # 3 , I posted on that in here on Sunday 

Not sure where the heaviest axis will be but that's going to just S of the BM

So your pretty confident that the models will correct NW over the next couple days?

1 minute ago, allgame830 said:

So your pretty confident that the models will correct NW over the next couple days?

Ignore the models  , that neg off the WC teleconnects to one right on the EC

The ridge axis is perfect for this to come up in a good spot 

Miller A / hybrids like to come N in the end and the block isn't so stout that it blocks it

If the N Branch catches it , this will  phase and develop a huge barroclinic leaf , that part is in question 

The alternative is the N Branch kicks the backside of the S Branch and turns it N

Its weaker but still comes near the BM

These guys will just give you run to run analysis , these simulations are not how one forecasts

Just look at the 500 BM pattern , the height falls will allow this bend around 

As far as RS line , you will know that by Sat 

Good luck 

16 minutes ago, PB COLTS NECK NJ said:

Ignore the models  , that neg off the WC teleconnects to one right on the EC

The ridge axis is perfect for this to come up in a good spot 

Miller A / hybrids like to come N in the end and the block isn't so stout that it blocks it

If the N Branch catches it , this will  phase and develop a huge barroclinic leaf , that part is in question 

The alternative is the N Branch kicks the backside of the S Branch and turns it N

Its weaker but still comes near the BM

These guys will just give you run to run analysis , these simulations are not how one forecasts

Just look at the 500 BM pattern , the height falls will allow this bend around 

As far as RS line , you will know that by Sat 

Good luck 

Even if this tracks close enough to provide us with precipitation, isn't there too little cold air aloft to support frozen precip? I feel that it would be a much different scenario thermally than the storm we had yesterday.

2 hours ago, PB COLTS NECK NJ said:

The Bronx is not Manhattan and that's the measuring stick that some in here use when talking about the city and no accumulations 

The counties accumulate 

Staten Island got 6 , Brooklyn 4 , but you have some in here who have no idea how the N shore of L I acts and run R/S likes from the Hudson west every single time 

I'm on 132nd St right now and there's snow on the ground.

BUT I agree with your general point about the North Shore. The east/west gradient is often overdone in these storms: everyone was saying Manhattan would get 12+ and LI nothing, and the opposite basically happened.

The North Shore of Long Island probably averages slightly more than parts of SE CT, especially in recent years. My friend and college roommate grew up in Lyme and often got less than Port Jefferson, Great Neck, even Upton. Weird. Groton is truly a snow hole.

1 hour ago, husky0101 said:

Even if this tracks close enough to provide us with precipitation, isn't there too little cold air aloft to support frozen precip? I feel that it would be a much different scenario thermally than the storm we had yesterday.

I actually think it would be colder than yesterday. The previous system has dragged down a lot of cold air with -7C 850s moving into the region.

Also, the track looks offshore instead of a hugger like 3/7. Could jackpot Long Island and SNE.

11 minutes ago, David-LI said:

I'm riding the king NAM. This will be a miss.

NAM is not in its accurate range < 60 hours yet for this storm  - plus how many systems in the last month have missed us to the south ?

54 minutes ago, Neblizzard said:

Captain obvious to the rescue!  When we got hammered by this past storm  , you pulled a Houdini and dissapeared.  We still have time for this to trend north.  

He only posts about the EURO and the EPS if you have noticed or the one that gives the least snow. 

2 hours ago, Neblizzard said:

Captain obvious to the rescue!  When we got hammered by this past storm  , you pulled a Houdini and dissapeared.  We still have time for this to trend north.  

Go back and look at my posts. I was all in for that storm, hyped it up in fact. As far as the EPS being further north, too little too late. Complete total miss with little over 2 days to go. It doesn’t even get snow to Philly

Go back and look at my posts. I was all in for that storm, hyped it up in fact. As far as the EPS being further north, too little too late. Complete total miss with little over 2 days to go. It doesn’t even get snow to Philly
2 days to go? I thought this was slowing down on most guidance and those Northern models wait for ull to catch up which brings it North days 3.5+? So this is a Sunday AM event if at all you are saying? Not sure we are looking at same storm/energy?

43 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Not really sure what to say to such an incorrect post. Stop misinforming other people on this sub forum!! The EPS had a lot of west leaning members. Give everyone the whole picture. 

Also to comment on your claim that it is a little over two days WTH.... this is a Sunday night at the earliest but mainly Mon-Mon night if it comes to fruition. So that is more like 3 days away (72 hour) which is plenty of time to correct but we need for that to continue today and in earnest.  If we don’t still to see improvements today then it more than likely would be game over. 

Can someone tell me when the rest of the players will be on the field because that also comes into play when the models would start to have a better handle on the situation? 

• Rjay unpinned this topic
  • Rjay pinned this topic

Archived