Weathernoob335
February 24/25 Mixed Bag / Moderate Event. CNE NNE centric

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol. 

Yeah this had garbage for SNE written all over it. I never made many posts on this threat. Just didn't look very good. The brief snow/sleet did happen but most areas went to rain or marginal ZR pretty fast. We did get a couple tenths of snow/sleet crud back this way before it went to rain. 

Yeah just a coating of crud here and I  obviously did not expect much here, but this weather is just terrible. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol. 

Yeah this had garbage for SNE written all over it. I never made many posts on this threat. Just didn't look very good. The brief snow/sleet did happen but most areas went to rain or marginal ZR pretty fast. We did get a couple tenths of snow/sleet crud back this way before it went to rain. 

It's still ZR for some folks in SNE, the Pit's checking in at 30.8*.

Vis < mile at this point, flakes improving; deck quickly covered.

Okay,  mixing with sleet here too.  27.2F  vis up to 1 mile   2.25".  Looks like this will bust way low.  Most models were 4-5" for me.  Brian you called it yesterday with the NAM mid level warmth.  It surged well north in that other storm we recently had too.  Maybe the lesson learned that mid level warmth overperforms???

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Okay,  mixing with sleet here too.  27.2F  vis up to 1 mile   2.25".  Looks like this will bust way low.  Most models were 4-5" for me.  Brian you called it yesterday with the NAM mid level warmth.  It surged well north in that other storm we recently had too.  Maybe the lesson learned that mid level warmth overperforms???

The NAM seems to sniff out and win those battles with the warmth at 800mb or higher. This tongue was centered around 750mb. When the NAM is warmest between 850-925 I give it some pause because those levels should see some CAD effects. At least I can get out there and clean up during the daylight.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Mixing with sleet now.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

The NAM seems to sniff out and win those battles with the warmth at 800mb or higher. This tongue was centered around 750mb. When the NAM is warmest between 850-925 I give it some pause because those levels should see some CAD effects. At least I can get out there and clean up during the daylight.

48 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

27.8F  Back to snow.  Vis down to about .5 miles.

48 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

27.8F  Back to snow.  Vis down to about .5 miles.

Lol

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

28.5F  back to all snow here too.  When the darker echoes came over it was sleet pellets mixed in.  Then with lighter echoes its small flakes, almost snow grains.  Vis around half a mile...

Yeah the grains are useless to me. Pretty much done here. Going out to cleanup for good now.

Archived