Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 24/25 Mixed Bag / Moderate Event. CNE NNE centric

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez Brian.  Never move from Northfield.  The best part about these boards is having you just south of me posting all this great stuff.  With everyone always  posting congrads Dendrite e and your great knowledgable posts I always have a good idea what will happen to me.  (Plus I can factor in a half  tick colder too)

Temp 26F and now leveling off.   Light to occ moderate snow continues

6 minutes ago, Frosted flakes said:

Only about three quarters of an inch here. But it's starting to snow again too. I don't know what to expect with you saying an hour more and nws saying snow til 2

The sleet line just washed out bigtime. Your area is still near the changeover line, but I may have jumped the gun with ending the snow in an hour. This magic usually happens south of ORH.  I’d be shocked if we both stay snow until 2 given where the changeover line is now, but with every midlevel cooling we buy a little more time.

65FD40C2-0D3C-4EA1-B939-77D2343965CD.gif

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Getting another WAA push from the west.

299F652B-7E72-4AB0-A229-CDF8B48EDE1C.gif

Kind of different for a change to be straddling the snow sleet line here. Usually it is the change over then that's it. That what you meant by usually around ORH? Is that from the CAD being weaker than what we usually deal with. Stronger WAA?

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You mixing with sleet or at the least getting huge aggregates Gene?

Just going to the mod to big aggregates right now.  Moderate to almost heavy snow too.  Wind has really picked up from the east.  Hearing some of that roaring sound in the woods.  Just gusted to 28mph with some blowing and drifting.  Temp drifting up.  26.7F

1 minute ago, Frosted flakes said:

Kind of different for a change to be straddling the snow sleet line here. Usually it is the change over then that's it. That what you meant by usually around ORH? Is that from the CAD being weaker than what we usually deal with. Stronger WAA?

I’m just too used to Will posting these radar loops showing these sleet echoes washing out for 2hours before it finally overwhelms him and then it marches NE after that. Maybe it’s some added orographic lift and cooling on that side of the terrain that aids in cooling those warm bubbles back below 0C. The CAD in this is OK , but nothing overly impressive. We’re only pulling a 3-5kt drain out of the NE at the sfc. Those warm NAM temps at 750mb seem to be verifying. 

I’m starting to get some large aggregates now so it’s getting iffy aloft.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

35 and rain is pretty much meteorological water boarding.

Lol. 

Yeah this had garbage for SNE written all over it. I never made many posts on this threat. Just didn't look very good. The brief snow/sleet did happen but most areas went to rain or marginal ZR pretty fast. We did get a couple tenths of snow/sleet crud back this way before it went to rain. 

Archived