Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 24/25 Mixed Bag / Moderate Event. CNE NNE centric

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like quite the scalping for many of us Sunday morning .. wouldn't surprise me if the surface to 900 mb layer continued to tick colder leading up this. High pressure is initially in an ok spot but slips to the east pretty quick. Still a solid CAD signal - especially CNE / NNE. 

Too bad the antecedent airmass is garbage. 

You can see pretty pronounced kinks in the Isobars running right down the spine of the northern apps--even on the GFS Sunday morning into Sunday afternoon. It's a pretty telling sign to me we'll have a significant CAD drain overnight Saturday into Sunday morning. 

This event is also timed with the teleconnection flip of the AO and NAO so there could be larger error (to the warm side) in the CAD as a result.

Mesolow is also showing up now on all guidance, around 0z Monday. Will want to see if we can get that feature to pop a little sooner to preclude any warm air intrusion. 

Looks like garbage for most of SNE. Could see some brief sleet/snow in N MA and maybe need to watch for some marginal prolonged ice in N ORH county over to N Berks. 

But yeah, this could have been a good event for a huge chunk of the forum if the antecedent airmass didn't suck. It does look promising for NH up into ME

Archived