Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Morch Madness Negative NAO Long Range discussion

Ji

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

I learned a lot  from that storm. Would much rather have the upper level low moving from southwest to northeast.

I'd take my chances with the same setup. It's not like the storm didn't happen like some of the other gut punches. It just broke the wrong way at game time. Closed upper level lows often do unexpected things. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I'd take my chances with the same setup. It's not like the storm didn't happen like some of the other gut punches. It just broke the wrong way at game time. Closed upper level lows often do unexpected things. 

I agree 100%.  More often than not we would end up doing well .

When Richmond was getting thunder snow i knew we were in trouble. 

1 minute ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Which one was that?

On 3/6/2013 at 9:57 AM, RTutton said:

Hello from RVA! 2 inches in the Fan, 1 mile west of VCU. 

And this is for the DC/Balt crowd thinking that the MA forums are exclusively for them. This was taken 30 minutes ago when we were just starting to accumulate. 

BErmvIsCQAEuNgV.jpg

On 3/6/2013 at 10:00 AM, mattmfm said:

so, 4am concerns were warranted. what a disaster.

26 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

So what should we think if the setup were to verify this way? After 2013, seems like even if it looks good 24 hours before, you still wouldn't be able to trust it since those kind of lows do unexpected things...(I wasn't really model watching back in 2013--and hadn't even discovered this forum...but I do remember the bust painfully well). I .ean, I know we're in fantasy range still, but you'd hate to see a repeat...

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So what should we think if the setup were to verify this way? After 2013, seems like even if it looks good 24 hours before, you still wouldn't be able to trust it since those kind of lows do unexpected things...(I wasn't really model watching back in 2013--and hadn't even discovered this forum...but I do remember the bust painfully well). I .ean, I know we're in fantasy range still, but you'd hate to see a repeat...

2013 just broke the wrong way. It was very close to a solid hit but as with all storms, you have to bite your nails until it starts snowing. I wouldn't worry about a repeat or the discussion of a repeat until at least 8 days from now. That's an eternity. Only thing we should worry about is the storm surviving the transition from the long to the medium range. 

7 hours ago, Sigmo_45 said:

You think it's over for us down here for the winter?

I don't know why they are messing with you. It can snow in Roanoke in March (2.1" average) and a severe block is what you want.  In march 1960 Roanoke had 30.3". 1958 14.8" and 1969 13.8". Those were blocking events. That doesn't mean snow is a lock or likely but when is it ever?  Your not totally out of it. History says your not and I'm not using a day 11 model run to determine much of anything. 

7 hours ago, Amped said:

500MB low going due east off HSE? What could go wrong?  IDK but my memory only last 4 years and 11 months.

Yea lots can go wrong. Or next time in that setup the h5 tracks 100 miles north and we get a foot. But we're in the game too early to worry about how we're going to fail. Don't worry I'll do that plenty once it's inside 100 hours. 

Archived