Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Revs quick Flip Frozen Freakshow

Ginx snewx

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Went to take a look.  Hum,  I just see wet roads on the highway cams and  good vis too.  Took a look at the Wx Underground stations and mostly 33-35F.  What am I missing?

I guess not sitting in this or looking at truck thermo reading 32. Other than that.. nothing 

https://imgur.com/a/9hr1W

55 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I know people are knocking me around for my interest in this rather typical marginal snow event but I think its pretty neat

Nah I don't think anyone was knocking you for it, you just didn't seem that impressed with yesterday's heat until it started snowing today ;).

It's interesting that its doing it in areas that usually don't see much snow after a sharp FROPA.  I feel like the NW flow upslope areas get the drastic warmth to accumulating snow quite a bit but not often in the areas outside that where you need more synoptic forcing to roll in right behind the FROPA.

The even more interesting thing is the FROPA wasn't all that impressive.  Despite the huge change in temperatures it was a fairly mundane boundary...not like it was coming in with squall lines and 50mph winds.  Sort of crazy to have such a drop in temperatures WITHOUT the huge wind and fanfare.

Archived