Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Revs quick Flip Frozen Freakshow

Ginx snewx

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Still on the NNE train for Sunday myself. Don't think we get anything in SNE...maybe a brief burst of snow/sleet on the frond end before it flips to a miserable 33F rain...we will def be CAD'd at the surface during that event but the antecedent airmass is mostly garbage. Otherwise we'd prob be talking a solid 4-6er on the front end south of NNE. 

Yea, no doubt, tough for SNE. I'm still keeping a close eye on trends for North of Pike area for icing potential. Def not sold on it, but it's a toss up in my book. My expectation is the CAD is going to be really impressive overnight Saturday into Sunday with the way this is trending on guidance with those sub zero temps starting to pop up in ME. -AO/-NAO at go time should really help to push that deep low level cold in SE Canada into our area.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30.7F  light snow  vis 1.5 miles...Temp quickly dropping with snow intensity increasing.    Everything becoming coated as soon as temp dropped below freezing.  That is why I don't buy the "ground is too warm for snow to stick".  Lawn baked in 70F sun yesterday and temp has been above freezing since yet immediately as I fell below 32F the snow began to stick, even with 1.5 mile vis snow

Edit down another .6F    30.1F

2 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Seemed like you two were in a disagreement lol. I will rephrase :) 

Nah he is only into blockbusters I like all weather period, yesterday was interesting in the fact a lot of the coastal population was like what torch? last year in Feb we shared the torch, this year not so much

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nah he is only into blockbusters I like all weather period, yesterday was interesting in the fact a lot of the coastal population was like what torch? last year in Feb we shared the torch, this year not so much

You mentioned last Feb, just about or close to the same day...I'm getting old, I just can't remember !

Archived