• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
moneypitmike

The "We Won't Have Any More Snow in February" February 17th Event

Man..wall of white, I thought I would be under virga for a bit as my dew is in the single digits, but it's going to town.. vis under a half mile but snow growth is meh...~.5" started about 630-645.. roads covered, pretreat fail..

5 minutes ago, WhiteLawns said:

Radar looks like crap

I'm not too worried. The stuff to the west with the UL disturbance looks robust. I think we do quite well!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Last hour HRRR has this as a nice regionwide event!  Getting more uniform.

IMG_8558.thumb.PNG.1a3ab7bddd70c31ed0a4d53b476ed0b0.PNG

About half of what the euro gives down in a good chunk of SNE. We will see if it is accurate. 

Once the northern stream s/w gets a bit closer things are going to fill in quite nicely. Already getting some frontogenesis to setup, including a nice corridor of sfc fronto

sfnt.gif?1518915054099

Nice SLP drops too just right around the Delmarva.  

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

About half of what the euro gives down in a good chunk of SNE. We will see if it is accurate. 

I was thinking some has already fallen based on the obs in here and that's why it's Lower looking in SNE?

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I was thinking some has already fallen based on the obs in here and that's why it's Lower looking in SNE?

Nah hardly anything has fallen. That's the 23z run too...I don't think anyone had snow at 6pm except SW CT. 

23z RAP bufkit for BDL is sufficiently moist in the SGZ. RH values greater than 95%. Not as robust with omega values as other models but still pretty decent.