Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The "We Won't Have Any More Snow in February" February 17th Event

moneypitmike

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Over aggressive models FTL.

The euro was too amped and too cold. We rained here for a few hours.

AWT with the 4-7” totals in SNE.... double digits were a pipe dream 

The euro did pretty good. Maybe a little too wet north of pike, but did well with thermal fields. Congrats on 6” though. Worked well with your 3-5 max two days ago s 

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah if it’s cold and stays. Knowing Godzilla is going to come and blow flames on it makes me not waste my time.

You think low 40s will melt the 6” on the driveway? unless your planning to be inside all day, I shoveled around and had my neighbor plow my 200ft driveway. Looks crisp. It’s like making your lawn nice in the spring. Maybe it’s an OCD thing.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You think low 40s will melt the 6” on the driveway? unless your planning to be inside all day, I shoveled around and had my neighbor plow my 200ft driveway. Looks crisp. It’s like making your lawn nice in the spring. Maybe it’s an OCD thing.

I guess it depends how much sun exposure it gets? 

Meh,... comes off as IMBY sour grapes... 

This thing overproduced and was quite chilly while doing so, all along the eastern end of the Mohawk Trail up here.  6-8" up down rt 2 is a solid warning event that was under-advised.  If it was above achievement in some towns and below in anothers, that's a wash when grading models imho -

Right now, we have slush with trailing powder thumping from the trees.  The snow fell in essentially a calm wind overnight, and now that the sun is bright and relatively hotter per date, and it's passing 32 F already, the big negation commences. 

This is a geek interesting environmental change this week.  This dawn's nadir to Wednesday's acme and experimentally how quickly we lose said nascent snow.  I'm almost wondering if the shade sides have some granular vestige that survives.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

What didyou get up there? I had to laugh. Pope had the Cape jacking and yet it almost ended up in his backyard.

Egg on my face from SE MA, but I also flagged highest amounts being from Portsmouth, North Coast down to BOS. Would have been a great storm down there LE wise. Other than that totals subforum wide were largely what I expected.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s good to see the rip and readers bent over.

Models depicted fairly well the low level stuff down south (big heavy snows early in SW CT) and then the midlevel potential north of the pike. Ripping and reading qpf would def get you in trouble a bit up along the NH border. Esp further west where qpf was lower on guidance but they were still pulling 7 spots in Ashburnham, MA and those types of places. 

As a constructive criticism too, some in here were getting premature with their calls of not much (under 4 inches) north of the pike based on the radar early on in the event. But the midlevel enhanced potential was going to happen mostly after 11pm.

Just now, WxBlue said:

Close to 8" of snow in Dover. WTF.

Magical to wake up to a completely white scene from this surprise event. We're now 59" for the season.

This will prob remind you of North Carolina when our snow gets vaporized in 36 hours. 

47 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

There were some very low forecasts (1-3") even last night floating around for SENH. I think the NWS had one of the more bullish forecasts from what I saw

Yeah they were going 3-5'' I think. I'm a little surprised ratios were as good as they were at around 20:1. I wouldn't have been surprised at 4-5'', but I don't think anyone expected a solid warning event. 

Archived