Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The "We Won't Have Any More Snow in February" February 17th Event

moneypitmike

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

There is an awfully lot of dry air though out ahead of the main ULL. I wonder if as the ULL moves east if we'll see a re-blossoming of the precipitation shield once it interacts further with the sfc low?

I would expect that to happen.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I would expect that to happen.

Thank that makes sense. It's really cool watching the water vapor imagery on the experimental GOES 16. You can actually see a regeneration of the moisture plume off to the SW and it looks like the dry slot will work well to our NW. I think the steep lapse rates will also work to help give a boost to some heavier rates overnight. 

I was really shocked at what transpired though over the past few hours. I didn't envision things evolving the way they did. Even if the majority of CT would get 5-8'' of snow I think technically my forecast would be wrong b/c of how I said things would transpire and for what reason 

HRRR just went wild for E MA and far S ME where Scooter is out on the town tonight drinking cosmos.

Tries that exit-stage-right burst of intensity. Cape Ann gets destroyed actually for the jackpot....but everyone inside of 495 up to the Pope in SE NH and Scooter in S ME is good for another 4-7". Possibly more with good ratios.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

HRRR just went wild for E MA and far S ME where Scooter is out on the town tonight drinking cosmos.

Tries that exit-stage-right burst of intensity. Cape Ann gets destroyed actually for the jackpot....but everyone inside of 495 up to the Pope in SE NH and Scooter in S ME is good for another 4-7". Possibly more with good ratios.

Reading this as I park at my friend's on the Abington, South Weymouth line... 

Archived