Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Snow/Slop Storm 2/17-18 Obs

jm1220

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definitely over performing here in Rockland / New City,,,,,,I was out there and cleaned off cars and they were quickly covered again,,,,,took the dog in the Yard for a walk, and Lost my Direct TV signal that rarely happens for long periods of time it usually comes back on fairly quick but its been out for over 3 hours ,,,,,not sure how many inches but If I had to guess I WOULD SAY easily 6 and Im low balling

Just now, Brasiluvsnow said:

definitely over performing here in Rockland / New City,,,,,,I was out there and cleaned off cars and they were quickly covered again,,,,,took the dog in the Yard for a walk, and Lost my Direct TV signal thatvrarely happens for long periods of time it usually comes back on fairly quick but its been out for 3 hours ,,,,,not sure how many inches but If I had to guess I WOULD SAY easily 6 and Im low balling

Mine is out too....I suppose it is the heavy wet snow, but I lose it in rain too. Still beats cable though.

41 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 8:30 pm, we have 3.25", so 1" per hour the past half hour.  Still coming down pretty heavily.  Just went for a nice walk, threw a few snowballs, ran and slid down the driveway, made a snow ange, the usual stuff.  This is a really gorgeous snow, since it's wet enough to stick to everything, especially since it's not windy.  My friend just landed at EWR and he said even the major roads around there are a bit slushy in spots.  

So as of 9 pm we now have 4.0" of snow on the ground, which was a 1.5" per hour rate the past half hour. Pouring out there. Seriously pouring. Just made an abstract snowman,lol - great packing snow. Still 32F. Will absolutely make 5" now, but hoping for 6" of snow.

2 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

So as of 9 pm we now have 4.0" of snow on the ground, which was a 1.5" per hour rate the past half hour. Pouring out there. Seriously pouring. Just made an abstract snowman,lol - great packing snow. Still 32F. Will absolutely make 5" now, but hoping for 6" of snow.

We might be closing in on our 2nd biggest of the winter, after record warmth...

7 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

I have 4 as well, but the snow is starting to lighten up now and the back edge isn't far away. So I don't see how we can get to 6. Looks as if it will end up between 4.5 and 5. Beautiful postcard scene out there. As others have mentioned, the Directv is out which is extremely rare during snowstorms. It usually only goes out during very heavy rain, but the dish is plastered with the wet snow. Next unread topic Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2018

Archived