Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Snow/Slop Storm 2/17-18 Obs

jm1220

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rjay said:

The heavy echoes are snow.  I questioned it and 3 reputable people are reporting very heavy snow with huge flakes in this stuff in northern Ocean Co and Monmouth.

It's not sleet...

Screenshot_20180217-202632.png

Yep I’m in mercer county and it’s all snow. I’m shocked. We might be amazed when some reports come out of south jersey. They may have been ripping heavy snow the whole event when everyone thought it was sleet...

29 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Up to 2.75" as of 8:00 pm, which is 3/4" in the last half hour or 1.5" per hour. Wow. Pouring snow out there - true heavy snow with <1/4 mile visibility. Think we get to 5-6" before it ends around 11-12. 32F and roads are a mess in the region.

As of 8:30 pm, we have 3.25", so 1" per hour the past half hour.  Still coming down pretty heavily.  Just went for a nice walk, threw a few snowballs, ran and slid down the driveway, made a snow ange, the usual stuff.  This is a really gorgeous snow, since it's wet enough to stick to everything, especially since it's not windy.  My friend just landed at EWR and he said even the major roads around there are a bit slushy in spots.  

7 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 8:30 pm, we have 3.25", so 1" per hour the past half hour.  Still coming down pretty heavily.  Just went for a nice walk, threw a few snowballs, ran and slid down the driveway, made a snow ange, the usual stuff.  This is a really gorgeous snow, since it's wet enough to stick to everything, especially since it's not windy.  My friend just landed at EWR and he said even the major roads around there are a bit slushy in spots.  

Yeah the trees look really nice..almost unreal like a painting. Very wet snow

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I’m going to bust low in Long Beach. Roads are all snow covered now and it’s coming down like crazy. Close to 1”. The R/S line is advancing north in NJ, but this may shut off before it gets to me. 

Most of those heavy echoes are snow in Central NJ.

We could end as a little drizzle otherwise it was a snow event. 

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Getting prettier here by the minute.  Pics never do it justice.  Been seeing a rather large flake size here.  

Screenshot_20180217-205312.png

Great picture. The streets are still wet here. Vis estimated around .7 in steady light snow. But the flakes are on the large side.

4 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It's dumpin' out there :)  If this keeps up at these rates for another 2-3 hours it will likely end up being the biggest storm of the season so far here. I didn't measure but it's easily over 5" now. It's weird, it's wet and sticky but light and fluffy at the same time.

Heckuva way to run a warm pattern :huh:

Oh wow, congrats. I just broke 1"...

It is and has been dumping here almost as soon as the storm started.  30 degrees here.   Up to 6 inches on the grass and 4 inches on the pavement.  Forecast for up to 8 inches here if this keeps going at this rate we will break that in the next 2 hours or so!  Beautiful snow just coming straight down.  

Archived