Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Snow/Slop Storm 2/17-18 Obs

jm1220

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

It's crazy that there hasn't been a drop of rain here but the snow isn't even close to sticking. 

Pretty much as I thought. It might go to all snow here as the intensity gets heavier, but we’re a long way from anything sticking. It’ll have to come down heavy for sure for anything like what the hrrr shows. My thought is still that I’ll be lucky to make it over 1”, if I ever even see all snow for a period. 

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Easily the heaviest snow rates of the season in my area. 

No joke 3" on the ground. Started at 5:00 1.5" per hour. It's fluffy, surprisingly. 

Im 10 miles north of route 78; 10 miles west of MMU. 

It's crazy how fast it piled up. I looked out the window as it started and an hour later 2" otg

35 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Just ripping here and it dropped from 35 to 33F in the last 15 minutes of mod/heavy snow.  About 3/8" on the ground in the last 15-20 minutes, easily enough for snow to start accumulating on paved surfaces on our street.  

Holy freakin' crap, from 3/8" at about 6:25 pm to 1.5" of snow at 7:05 pm - that's over a 1.5" per hour rate.  Roads covered with about 3/4" of snow and accumulating easily now that melting is near nil, as temps are 33F.  Will be surprised if I don't exceed my 4.5" prediction.  Gorgeous out there. 

4 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Holy freakin' crap, from 3/8" at about 6:25 pm to 1.5" of snow at 7:05 pm - that's over a 1.5" per hour rate.  Roads covered with about 3/4" of snow and accumulating easily now that melting is near nil, as temps are 33F.  Will be surprised if I don't exceed my 4.5" prediction.  Gorgeous out there. 

Agreed. I was surprised at how fast it turned around. It was supposed to start as rain too. Started as snow here.

Archived