• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bob Chill

PD3.5 Lite Obs and Nowcasting

Temperature down to 34.5 degrees. Gonna probably sneak down to at least 30 or 31 here. Maybe 32. SN+. Looks very white and wintery outside, roofs are snow covered already and especially the grass. Reporting about 0.6'' of snow on the ground with heavier snow on the radar mosaics.

5 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

33.8 with mod (maybe sometimes bordering on hvy) snow.  Quickly approaching close to 1" maybe.  My side street is caving quickly.

And tomorrow PM should be in south FL and sunny/87°.  My kind of weekend....

Over 1” on car and patio table. Grass covered. Heaviest snow since the backside band in Jan 16. Gorgeous out.

Moderate snow currently. Heavy at times in Laytonsville. Just moved my work operation to home. Rt 27 heading north caving and side roads completely caved around home. Measured 1.6" and still coming down solid. Looks like Upper MoCo will reach the 2" mark easily. Temp sitting at 33. Winter wonderland out there. 

Just like that, heavy snow has developed here.  Under 1/4 mile visibility.  After hours of snow missing in every direction, all surfaces except pavement are now covered.  33 degrees.

• Like 3

Left Haymarket when it was ripping snow and got to Manassas for a soccer game it was light snow/sleet, then rain.  Now I am a couple of miles up road in Bristow, 90% sleet with a few flakes, but thermometer is reading 31 so it is slushing up the roads.

25 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Dry here . 32/30 . It snowed very lightly for about 20 minutes but stopped . 

Yea we're really getting screwed by this one. Reports of 3" north of us in pa and doing good south too. I knew there was going to be a gap just hoped we wouldn't end up in it.  

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Over 1” on car and patio table. Grass covered. Heaviest snow since the backside band in Jan 16. Gorgeous out.

Just measured 1.6" on the deck!  Absolutely dumping!  Rockville-Columbia deathband is BACK!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Pouring sleet here. What's the ratio for sleet, 3:1? Still a beautiful winter scene outside

Sleet downpour here as well. I know accumulation much less than snow, but it is adding to the snow accumulation for now.

33\33

Yea we're really getting screwed by this one. Reports of 3" north of us in pa and doing good south too. I knew there was going to be a gap just hoped we wouldn't end up in it.  

Oh well. We win some we lose some