Newest Member
    SnowHabit
PD3.5 Lite Obs and Nowcasting

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea man! I got between 2.1-2.2. I'll go with 2.1". Roads are terrible. WAY more impact than I expected. Fun to drive around in though. Surface temps over performed and considering it got warmer than expected earlier...that's a good lesson for everyone. Shallow warm layers can get punched in the face with good rate/evap cooling/wet bulbing etc. 

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hit .4 qpf for this one too. EEEEEEEUROOOOO! 

Overall, this event is going to go down as a big win in my yard. Heavy rates at times, nice dendrites, roads caved, and temp got below freezing. What more can you ask for out of this one? Boom

I'm fully happy.  Still pouring sleet/mangled flakes.  I drove some neighborhood kids home around the corner and the roads were awful.  I had my wheel turning left to go straight.  Barely got back up my driveway.  

34 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea man! I got between 2.1-2.2. I'll go with 2.1". Roads are terrible. WAY more impact than I expected. Fun to drive around in though. Surface temps over performed and considering it got warmer than expected earlier...that's a good lesson for everyone. Shallow warm layers can get punched in the face with good rate/evap cooling/wet bulbing etc. 

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hit .4 qpf for this one too. EEEEEEEUROOOOO! 

LOL.  IAD: 0.44" liquid    DCA: 0.41"   BWI: 0.51"   Euro it is. 

9 minutes ago, Ka60 said:

Out in Clarksburg my last three measurements stands about 3.1”.  Great event under the circumstances.  

Nice! I thought it was finished here at 3” but then a burst of better rates got mby to 3.5”. It has been a fun storm.

1 minute ago, gymengineer said:

LOL.  IAD: 0.44" liquid    DCA: 0.41"   BWI: 0.51"   Euro it is. 

It hasn't been the best year for the euro but this particular event was handled very very well. Qpf and temps only made gradual moves run over run and the nuts and bolts were represented very well from 72 hours out. Temps got in the way of a widespread warning level event. That was the only problem. If it was colder then most of us would have hit 5"+. Considering how tiny the window was, we came out on the winning end regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It hasn't been the best year for the euro but this particular event was handled very very well. Qpf and temps only made gradual moves run over run and the nuts and bolts were represented very well from 72 hours out. Temps got in the way of a widespread warning level event. That was the only problem. If it was colder then most of us would have hit 5"+. Considering how tiny the window was, we came out on the winning end regardless. 

Very true. While we might think of what this storm could've been, we also need to think of what this storm may not have become. Was close to a non-event for many, especially given the trends we saw last night. Glad most folks got a decent event out of it

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Nice. Never been there, but a buddy of mine loves that place. Really nice (snow) location!

Gotta say...I’m pleasantly surprised that even my cul-de-sac has caved. But this is a pretty fascinating event in that the rates just let up a bit and I flipped to mix.

Cool place and great beers and food.  Turned out I chased to jackpotville, easily 2-3 inches when I left. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived