Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
PD3.5 Lite Obs and Nowcasting

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Should have measured before typing!  2.1" on the deck!!  Pouring shi-tty flakes with a few parachutes mixing back in.  

Yea man! I got between 2.1-2.2. I'll go with 2.1". Roads are terrible. WAY more impact than I expected. Fun to drive around in though. Surface temps over performed and considering it got warmer than expected earlier...that's a good lesson for everyone. Shallow warm layers can get punched in the face with good rate/evap cooling/wet bulbing etc. 

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hit .4 qpf for this one too. EEEEEEEUROOOOO! 

Overall, this event is going to go down as a big win in my yard. Heavy rates at times, nice dendrites, roads caved, and temp got below freezing. What more can you ask for out of this one? Boom

Measured 1.2'' of +SN right now on the ground. First time breaking an inch since Jan 16th i think.  33/33 w/100% saturation in the atmosphere, although a small intrusion of dry air did create a 20 minute lull about an hour ago. Rain/snow line getting too close for comfort, and i can see a small intrusion of greens trying to reach Baltimore.

27 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Wow, BWI had 0.17" liquid equivalent between 5-6pm.  0.33" liquid storm total.  

That's a shame because it was pretty much all snow/sleet/rain at that point. I'd like to know what they had between 4 and 5. It was really thumping at my house between 4 and 4:45 or so.

6 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Our area has done well considering how bad the winter has been overall, since we jackpotted on Dec. 9 (got 5" here) and did OK today.

Yea, mby got 5” in Dec. 3” seems like a huge amount right now compared to the .25” snows this winter.

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

About 2" here in Gettysburg. Really pretty. Maybe another inch tops looking at radar trends, but the heavy returns are dwindling some and sinking south. The earlier call of 3-7" for here was way too bullish.

hotel.JPG.145c72b97a38b8149dea6c3815251a4c.JPG

Oh, my God! I see the Little Boy Blue in the top left window!!!

just guessing but about 2.5” here.

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Oh, my God! I see the Little Boy Blue in the top left window!!!

just guessing but about 2.5” here.

Yeah I just went out again and that is probably about what it is here. Still steady snow but smaller flakes now. I think 3 maybe 3.5" will do it for here. Nice little event though, and I got a nice hike in earlier in the mountains west of here before the snow started.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

We have about 1.75 here in N. Bethesda.  Just enough for some great sledding.  At least until the rain came...

Great event!

Makes sense most of us switched to rain since rates lightened up. Great little reverse bust here. Expected less than 0.5", got 1.5". 

On to the next event! 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived