Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
PD3.5 Lite Obs and Nowcasting

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Interesting right as the area of greens and yellows on the CC move past.  

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0C-0-6

The exact same thing happened here. I hurried outside to get a measurement when that green/yellow area was overhead, and while I was outside, the switch back to mostly rimed flakes happened. When I got back in and checked radar, that area had moved beyond me. 

3 minutes ago, Herb@MAWS said:

Moderate rates, mixed bag

32.9°

eyeballing 1.5" - 2" snow before sleet city moved in.

Wondering if we can get 2".  It's dumping rimed flakes right now.  Covered up the sleet divots right away.  I'm guessing I was at about 1.8" before it switched.

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Wondering if we can get 2".  It's dumping rimed flakes right now.  Covered up the sleet divots right away.  I'm guessing I was at about 1.8" before it switched.

Should have measured before typing!  2.1" on the deck!!  Pouring shi-tty flakes with a few parachutes mixing back in.  

Annnnd..It's pretty much over. That was quick. A few days ago this was going to be an overnight event of 8 or 10 hours. Turns out to be a four-hour daytime event. Should be gone for most by 7pm. Good event for everyone north of the hell hole I live at so at least you have that.

Just now, Stormpc said:

Annnnd..It's pretty much over. That was quick. A few days ago this was going to be an overnight event of 8 or 10 hours. Turns out to be a four-hour daytime event. Should be gone for most by 7pm. Good event for everyone north of the hell hole I live at so at least you have that.

If it makes you feel any better, I am all the way up in Delaware, where they said 3 inches.

Its basically an inch, no street stickage, and now we are over to rain after a storm that only lasted 2 hours.

Consider yourself lucky.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived