Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
PD3.5 Lite Obs and Nowcasting

Bob Chill

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Nice walk. Flipped to sleet in the middle of the walk now back to mostly snow. I'm prob gonna get 2" after all if I'm not there already. Even the main roads caved. Very nice event. My dog doesn't need a leash. He'll never go into the street without permission. Love that damn dog. lol

O0IdTbG.jpg

r6uWBpD.jpg

QfVwdmT.jpg

My beagle Stella just turned 17. She wanted no part of this, and she's usually gung-ho for a walk. The same dog that, during PD 2, we decided to let off leash during the teeth of the storm. She bounded down the street toward Wisconsin and I thought that was that. I yelled at her to stop, and fortunately she did, and I was able to scoop her up before she got flattened by a snow plow. I doubt she's have seen 17 if she'd disappeared for good. She was considerably more mobile then. Hell, so was I. 

I know this veered into chat, but every time I see a picture of a dog in the snow, I think back to that incident. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Huh.  I'm hearing that icy sound in bursts.  Flake size has gone way down.  Was hoping those dumping fatties would last a bit longer to get me to 2.2" (and 10" on the season), but couldn't quite do it.  Maybe we can get one more burst before it changes/ends for good.  

I'm just starting to hear that icy sound now.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Full on buffet. Sleet, rimed flakes, and plain rain coming down all at once. Driving around in my new truck is great. My old truck was a tank in the snow but my ram is a blast. Did some donuts cuz...you know....I'm immature AF. Lol

Well any responsible driver should know how his new vehicle reacts on slippery roads, right?  You were just testing things out!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived