Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
PD3.5 Lite Obs and Nowcasting

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice walk. Flipped to sleet in the middle of the walk now back to mostly snow. I'm prob gonna get 2" after all if I'm not there already. Even the main roads caved. Very nice event. My dog doesn't need a leash. He'll never go into the street without permission. Love that damn dog. lol

O0IdTbG.jpg

r6uWBpD.jpg

QfVwdmT.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Nice walk. Flipped to sleet in the middle of the walk now back to mostly snow. I'm prob gonna get 2" after all if I'm not there already. Even the main roads caved. Very nice event. My dog doesn't need a leash. He'll never go into the street without permission. Love that damn dog. lol

O0IdTbG.jpg

r6uWBpD.jpg

QfVwdmT.jpg

Great pictures. Way to bring this one home.

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

funny how all the models kept putting leesburg in the snowhole last night and today we have been in bullseye all day long

Can confirm. I decided to spend the majority of the day in Leesburg as I needed to do some shopping there too. No regrets! Time to move there lol 

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

No wind so nothing is hitting the windows, which makes it harder to figure out.

Huh.  I'm hearing that icy sound in bursts.  Flake size has gone way down.  Was hoping those dumping fatties would last a bit longer to get me to 2.2" (and 10" on the season), but couldn't quite do it.  Maybe we can get one more burst before it changes/ends for good.  

Went out about 4:30 just as the SN+ flipped to sleet to plow our driveway, which has a hill that gets tricky with the slightest sn.  Lawyers Road N. of Vienna was ok at the time with a white stripe in the middle from the sn.  In 20 mins the sleet turned the street to  combo of hard-pack and a slippery slushy mess.  Temp went down to 32, where it remains.  Traffic quickly turned it into a vehicle crawl.  Don't understand why folks with low aspect high performance tires venture out in this stuff.  Just asking for trouble.  People were driving 5mph, which makes it impossible to keep up any momentum.  The scene brings back images of commutergeddon.   

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived