Newest Member
    joxey
PD3.5 Lite Obs and Nowcasting

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Pretty uniform .4-.5 through the region for the most part. Good run all things considered. Officially chips fall now. 

oZeXjBY.jpg

air temps before the storm are funny....i was 51 degrees a few hours before the blizzard of 93 started.

48 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

3k sounding for noon is spot on for my surface temp. Sub freezing isn't far off the deck. The warmth is very shallow. Temps will drop fast once precip fills in. Out of every reason to be worried right now...the surface is low on my list. Need the thump to preserve the mids or I'll be raining and or sleeting well before I want.

M9jPygO.jpg

The warm layer is oh-so-shallow. 2m temps are 42.1°F and the 10m temps are  36.1°F here in Clarksburg with a DP of  25°F.  Literally a 6°F difference to the tops of the trees. Surface layer temps are not the issue here. Rates will make-or-break this storm. Too bad they have trended north in the last 24 hours. 

Just now, das said:

The warm layer is oh-so-shallow. 2m temps are 42.1°F and the 10m temps are  36.1°F here in Clarksburg with a DP of  25°F.  Literally a 6°F difference to the tops of the trees. Surface layer temps are not the issue here. Rates will make-or-break this storm. Too bad they have trended north in the last 24 hours. 

Euro looks pretty good for you. Kuchera map does a nice job accounting for the obvious problems. It's going to be more of a "visual" storm than a "measuring" storm. Watching snow fall is always my favorite part of the storm so this one should deliver ok in that dept. I'm hoping someone north or west of town measures a clean 4". That would be a win for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

This is a very believable accum map. The good thing is it will look like a lot of snow falling even if ratios are well below 10:1. Good run man all things considered. 

That 9” total is basically right over my house...no complaints from me, ha. 

Flurries continuing.  I’m keeping my eye on the mesoscale analysis map to see how the column responds to precip onset...should be a good indicator for you to the east.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived