Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typically those change overs back to rain never verify unless it’s just a piss poor boundary layer setup which this is not.  It’s not great but it’s not anywhere close to the worst I ever saw.  If this gets killed it’ll be because of those 925 temps verifying IMO.  Only exception may be eastern LI

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

With those 925 temps, that would be mostly rain for the city and coast. Hopefully for our sake that’s wrong, but it also warmed up 925 at 0z from 12z yesterday. 

By hr 18 the heavy precip is moving out. Drizzle at hr 24.  I wish I could see hr 15.  It's likely changing to rain for our area (JM and I ) around hr 16.

Here's hr 12

ecmwf_slp_precip_neng_3.png

ecmwf_t925_neng_3.png

21 minutes ago, Rjay said:

It's slightly warmer than last run.  

(Reminder to some: the precip falls before the time stamp.  The temps are the actual temps at the hour of the timestamp)

ecmwf_slp_precip_nyc_4.png

ecmwf_t2m_nyc_4.png

ecmwf_t925_neng_4.png

Would like to see a skew T, but just looking at 925 looks like a wet snow dump on the north shore.  Without seeing the column in more detail could be isothermal from there down.

26 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Would like to see a skew T, but just looking at 925 looks like a wet snow dump on the north shore.  Without seeing the column in more detail could be isothermal from there down.

Maybe bluewave, don, forky or someone else has one to post

55 minutes ago, Rjay said:

By hr 18 the heavy precip is moving out. Drizzle at hr 24.  I wish I could see hr 15.  It's likely changing to rain for our area (JM and I ) around hr 16.

Here's hr 12

ecmwf_slp_precip_neng_3.png

ecmwf_t925_neng_3.png

I'm using the weather.us site and clicking on the Euro output:

By hr 15, the 0c line at 850 is just SW of Rockaway, and goes just north of Trenton and the northern edge of Monmouth. The 925 0c line is about the same as 850. I'd think around then is when it starts raining on the south shore. The 925 0c line continues north to encompass all of NYC/Long Island by hr 18, but 850 is slightly cooler, and that 0c line is just off the south shore. 

For NYC, I have not understood what the excitement was about.

1.  Warm Boundary Layer   2.  Warm Ground   3.  No Pre-Existing Snow Cover   4. 850m T that rises from minimal to too warm in the 9 hours of the precipitation   5.  Easterly Wind   6.  2M that reaches 32 at end of storm in NYC, but never goes below 36 elsewhere at LGA, JFK   7. Rapid Warm-Up starts quickly after storm   8. besides, JB says we will see better in March  UH OOH.....better stay up late to enjoy it, while we have it.  lol.

2 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

For NYC, I have not understood what the excitement was about.

1.  Warm Boundary Layer   2.  Warm Ground   3.  No Pre-Existing Snow Cover   4. 850m T that rises from minimal to too warm in the 9 hours of the precipitation   5.  Easterly Wind   6.  2M that reaches 32 at end of storm in NYC, but never goes below 36 elsewhere at LGA, JFK   7. Rapid Warm-Up starts quickly after storm   8. besides, JB says we will see better in March  UH OOH.....better stay up late to enjoy it, while we have it.  lol.

I hear ya, but NWS seems convinced we will see 4-7 in a wide area, and while they are wrong at times, you have to think they know what they are doing. 

• Rjay pinned this topic

Archived