Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

That's as good as it's going to get. Seriously man looks like it could drop a solid 8 inches of snow by the end of the storm. At 84hrs it's snowing heavily overhead.

While it’s not impossible, let’s go with 2-5” right now. 

upton is onboard with all snow even for the coast. That’s good.

29 minutes ago, RedSky said:

18z GFS - the run nobody saw coming lol

I wouldn’t say I saw it coming but I did tell folks in the SNE forum that this is the type of system the GFS being more west and north on at this range meant nothing.  I’ve seen the GFS not follow its usual progressive tendency on these before beyond Day 3 when the Euro and CMC are flatter.  The GFS is probably now adjusting to its usual flatter tendency.  It’s about where you’d expect it given the other models at this time now 

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Euro has a few inches for the whole area

Gfs and Nam has rain for the coast and snow inland

Model wars

The GFS has rain purely based on thinking the boundary layrt with a 6 knot south wind is too warm.  It may be the case for central and eastern Long Island but unless we see a much further northwest track than the GFS has at 06Z that’s probably all snow for the 5 boroughs.  No layer is even close to 0C except the BL which is like 34 

13 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

NAM is better for the coast this run. A couple inches vs nothing at 6z. 3 to 6 inland. Looks like this will be in and out in 6 to 8 hours.

Correction the 6" line stretches from the Bronx back into central nj but a very sharp cutoff south and east of there.

Even most of Long Island gets a 3 to 6 inch snowfall on the 12z NAM. Much colder run.

The GFS is pretty flat. Less than 0.25" QPF NW of the city, not much more for points to the South and East, and you have some boundary layer issues too. Still think I wouldn't go much higher than 2-4" for anyone in this sub-forum. Someone could pull off 5-6" but I think that's isolated.

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived