• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday the 18th ... storm idea/early thoughts...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

SE New England has places with a 15 year average  that is higher than places in the Berkshires.   Regimes change and eventually they change back, I guess.

I'm not sure it's that ridiculous. Many good winters in SE MA featured good winters in the Berks too.

Anyways, NAM is a nuke. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I'm not sure it's that ridiculous. Many good winters in SE MA featured good winters in the Berks too.

Anyways, NAM is a nuke. 

They are due for a few 2000-2001s, 1992-1993s, 1971-1972s, etc. Even 2002-2003 which was good for everyone was exceptionally good in the deep interior.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I guess I liked how the precip shield curled north and it looked like a pretty juicy system. Not that it matters with the NAM so far out. 

OH yeah, where it actually hits looks like they would get slammed on that little nuke setup...but prob the south coast on that run extrapolated. Though we should probably weenietag ourselves for extrapolating the 84 hour nam.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Anyways, NAM is a nuke. 

Yeah it's probably closer to even than anything else.  it can also be greatly biased if, let's say, I take Ginx 10 year average and compare it to a snowhole like North Adams or Pittsfield. 

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

They are due for a few 2000-2001s, 1992-1993s, 1971-1972s, etc. Even 2002-2003 which was good for everyone was exceptionally good in the deep interior.

The deep interior has actually had two great Decembers in a row and then it reverts back to coastal delight.   All of that could be made up with an epic March over the interior but those have just been hard to come by as of late.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The deep interior has actually had two great Decembers in a row and then it reverts back to coastal delight.   All of that could be made up with an epic March over the interior but those have just been hard to come by as of late.

Last March had the great storm for the interior folks (though even the coast didn't do too bad in that one)....maybe we can get another this March with an additional couple solid events thrown in. Been a while since we had a a big March with multiple events. 2013 probably.

Kind of hoping for a throwback March with big blocking ala those late 1950s years or March 2001.

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Except western Maine, where it was suppression session - nice and cold to hold pack, but 20-30" BN for snowfall.

Anything that reaches here over the weekend is bonus.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Let's also see what tune we are singing on Friday when the sampling is much better,  it certainly could dig deeper and sharpen up a bit. 

That's the day i mentioned in the other thread, Tough to sample when the s/w involved is not even on this side of the globe.

Archived