• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday the 18th ... storm idea/early thoughts...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Euro FTL.  Was too cold.  Thinking the RGEM performed pretty well showing rain in SE areas.

Don't forget the GFS ... Which I find interesting ...  It was perhaps too warm?  sure - buuuut, somewhere in that error belies the fact that it had the right idea, too. 

Perhaps if the Euro was blended with the GFS for thermal evolution, the mean would have done better then either alone?  

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I went to bed around 11:30 or so when it started letting up but light to mod snow continued for a while.

Can anyone provide a time/estimate when accumulating snow stopped for CT so i know which reports to take?

Not sure down there on the water.. but it was still snowing here at 4:30 when I got up

5.8”

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not sure down there on the water.. but it was still snowing here at 4:30 when I got up

5.8”

I'm inland about 15 miles, but still close enough to the water to be affected by it. Looks like inland and shore were about the same overall. The only low reports i see are from far SE CT 

28 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Don't forget the GFS ... Which I find interesting ...  It was perhaps too warm?  sure - buuuut, somewhere in that error belies the fact that it had the right idea, too. 

Perhaps if the Euro was blended with the GFS for thermal evolution, the mean would have done better then either alone?  

Euro wasn’t far off. It had 925 kissing EWB at 0c so you know at 950 is was warmer and further north too. It did fairly well.

Archived