• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday the 18th ... storm idea/early thoughts...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Snow growth does look good well north though:

This seems like the kind of system where the qpf max may be right... but I doubt it’s widespread. I wouldn’t forecast 8-10” across a large area... but it’s possible someone in a narrow band somewhere scores that.

this system is hauling... it’s hard to forecast anyone scoring double digits... maybe it happens in an isolated area like Foxboro or something

1 minute ago, rnaude241 said:

I've been quiet on this one. Hopefully it keeps us on the colder side of the line. Don't need to jack but would love 4-6. 

Someone near the rain snow line may have quite the paste job. I hear ya, 6” of mash potatoes is like 10” of fluff to me. Love wet snow.

Meanwhile where I am up here in Ogunquit ME all of the sudden looks to get some good snows. 

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This seems like the kind of system where the qpf max may be right... but I doubt it’s widespread. I wouldn’t forecast 8-10” across a large area... but it’s possible someone in a narrow band somewhere scores that.

this system is hauling... it’s hard to forecast anyone scoring double digits... maybe it happens in an isolated area like Foxboro or something

Yeah. I’ve liked a swath from near Ginxy, across N RI over to TAN and Foxboro and by Blue Hill.  6-9” seems likely for there.  Maybe 10”

27 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This is not a surface temp storm. mid levels are cold, wet bulb and it pounds even down to the coast, more wet there at 32F. Easton is worrying over nada.

yup.  maybe a few miles(5mi) inland along the south coast than the cape/islands are about where I'd peg the ra/sn line

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. I’ve liked a swath from near Ginxy, across N RI over to TAN and Foxboro and by Blue Hill.  6-9” seems likely for there.  Maybe 10”

I think you may be a 4-6" zone, a little bit less back here but snow growth looks decent.   We are riding a precarious line though, 20 or 30 miles south on the track makes a big difference.

Thanks for the help with the data, guys.

Pope, my apologies to you and Will, as I spoke prematurely and hadn't had a chance to digest the euro....the system does look modestly more potent, and I have amended my Final Call slightly.

http://easternmassweather.blogspot.ug/2018/02/217-218-final-call.html

FINAL CALL.png

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Thanks for the help with the data, guys.

Pope, my apologies to you and Will, as I spoke prematurely and hadn't had a chance to digest the euro....the system does look modestly more potent, and I have amended my Final Call slightly.

http://easternmassweather.blogspot.ug/2018/02/217-218-final-call.html

FINAL CALL.png

Conservative but can’t argue with it. High bust potential on south coast; difficult forecast.

I’m def thinking colder but I can see why you’re forecasting those numbers.

Tomorrow's melt back rate might be almost as impressive..   This has that classic spring look of the sun coming out and the temp exploding in quiet wind field.  Cobalt blue skies erupting by noon ...but, typically it's a late March thing. This is early for that sort of thing, but it is what it is...  Gutters running hard in the afternoon...  maybe - certainly on Monday.

I just think it's a fascinating week on whole.  Snow storm to early summer...  then, quite possibly back ...although, I'm starting to wonder on how quick that return will really be.

Archived