• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday the 18th ... storm idea/early thoughts...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

If I was on air no way would I put out numbers today. Tomorrow night maybe. The rush to be first is obv in the TV world. 

Except the NWS had numbers out last night!

TWC has had numbers out since Monday.

At some point you have to make a call - and that's why I sort of broad brushed things. 

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Except the NWS had numbers out last night!

TWC has had numbers out since Monday.

At some point you have to make a call - and that's why I sort of broad brushed things. 

Yup. We've been getting messages in our inbox since Tuesday on this storm and we're at the point where we're 48 hours out - at some point you have to put up some numbers and hope you made the right call.

We're 3-6" statewide right now but I wouldn't be surprised if we introduce a 4-8" zone tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

Yup. We've been getting messages in our inbox since Tuesday on this storm and we're at the point where we're 48 hours out - at some point you have to put up some numbers and hope you made the right call.

We're 3-6" statewide right now but I wouldn't be surprised if we introduce a 4-8" zone tomorrow.

Or 1 to 3 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Never had a 30 burger, not that 28” in 96 is anything to sneeze at but something about the first digit being a 3 makes it special.

People busted my chops with my 29.8 report, but I am so anal about my measuring, if I got 30 I would be busting out the Top shelf Patron , wait I did anyway. Shot hour!

11 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Srn Maine. Ogunquit.  Should be snow there Sunday morning though. 

I'm going to be up at Pit 2 Sat/Sun in case you're heading up the coast at all.

1 hour ago, CT Rain said:

How is a broad range harder to verify?

Aim small, miss small.

Snow took a beating today.  Alas.

41.7*

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Interesting question. The only one I can say probably with certainty for me is 4/1/97. The other big boys came close.  Also, and I cannot prove this, but feel 50/50 I pushed 30 in the Feb 2015 long duration event. 

Yeah I remember you were getting hammered by OES enhancement on that one. Thought for sure you must've cracked 30 there.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I wasn't home for a lot of that storm, but when I woke up to another 2.5"...that made me ponder...lol.

I'd have to look back through the obs thread to be certain, but I'd swear there were several reports from the Blue Hills/Milton area of 30" before it shut off. That was a special event...as was the blizzard...and the SWFE on roids...and mid-level magic...

Archived