Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Weekend Snowfest/Rainfest/Mixed Mess?

showmethesnow

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, yoda said:

That's not what he is talking about... he is talking about where the heaviest snow is usually, and he is correct

Sometimes it happens that way 1/26/11 and 2/2014 had heavy snow right near the changeover line.   Other times the best lift is closer to the northern edge.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Kuchera improved from last night. Better accums along the corridor. I really like this run honestly. 

This looks about right to me as well. The melt and sleet is going to keep it a 1 to 2" deal with some sweet spots seeing 2 to 3 unless you are in the northern or elevated areas. 

The wet slop should cover the grass pretty easily without much slipping through the blades. 2 in will do it for me. That would be a win. Still time for minor fluctuations but this is how we play this game around here. No reason to reiterate where the best spots will be. We all know. At least we have something to do for the next 36 hours. That's a win. Good luck to all.

14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, definitely better near the cities this run. Great trend for short leads. Looks like a solution is locked now. GFS is the driest but I'll go with the euro's widespread .5 qpf. Hasn't wavered much for 3 runs now. 

Crazy how since the upgrades the GFS and Euro have kind of flip flopped positions on qpf where the euro used to be dr no and stingy with liquid and now its the gfs.  I am not making any statement of which is more accurate, and given stability and support from the mesos I am leaning euro all the way here...great run as you said, but its just something I've noticed.  

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Crazy how since the upgrades the GFS and Euro have kind of flip flopped positions on qpf where the euro used to be dr no and stingy with liquid and now its the gfs.  I am not making any statement of which is more accurate, and given stability and support from the mesos I am leaning euro all the way here...great run as you said, but its just something I've noticed.  

Euro was the dry model for multiple light events in Jan. Seeing the euro line up with the mesos pretty much perfectly makes me feel pretty good. This is a rate driven event and the GFS is an outlier now with QPF. I really think this event breaks mostly right for everyone. We have all the mesos/ukie/euro looking similar and solid. I'm good with that. 18z GFS will probably juice up. I'm almost certain of it honestly. 

30 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, definitely better near the cities this run. Great trend for short leads. Looks like a solution is locked now. GFS is the driest but I'll go with the euro's widespread .5 qpf. Hasn't wavered much for 3 runs now. 

Yep. If the Euro ends up verifying it is a landslide victory for that model. It has been rock steady for days. And I will take the 4-6 it shows and run :)

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yep. If the Euro ends up verifying it is a landslide victory for that model. It has been rock steady for days. And I will take the 4-6 it shows and run :)

The tricky part is we're all in the mid 30's at onset so stickage won't be efficient until things wetbulb. Verbatim on the euro, your yard would prob get anywhere in the 2-4" range. 4"+ is going to be hard unless temps drop fast and qpf comes in higher. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived