joxey
Weekend Snowfest/Rainfest/Mixed Mess?

showmethesnow

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

NAM really isn't that good.  

We lose some qpf from 18z, but the temps are better.  Even though the snowfall total probably went down for me, I'm OK with that tradeoff.  For people who are in locations where temps are marginal, it was a good run.

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

NWS Pitt not expecting much for the mountains either - their map shows <1” for Canaan and Deep Creek.  Hopefully we get a few inches out there while I’m there.  

That is due to the cold press and track of the low. This track isnt the best for them in all honesty. I am slightly worried about being fringed with the heaviest stuff myself. :)

34 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Because he thinks anything less than a 6" paste bomb is a waste of time. If DCA gets 3" anyone that understand climo should be doing flips but he would be complaining. 

on the bright side, a couple years ago he used to have the bar at 30" or less so he's coming around....

hehe 

3 minutes ago, WestminsterSnowCapitalMA said:

on TT, RGEM has same snow bullseye near DCA as nam

It's fully out on pivotal.  It's at the end of its run so there's more to come, but it looks like it also shifted south / colder.  The ICON did too.  After the 06z blip, ICON has gone back to showing widespread 1-3".

Just now, Ji said:

Gfs improved tonight. Still crap but less crap

Im pretty happy with the gfs run. The trend with temps being a little colder is a big deal. We have no room to lose. Getting something back is great. Safe to say the mesos are prob overdone with precip and the gfs is too stingy. Usually how it works. That leaves my yard with an acceptable event. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Looks like we're gaining ground across the board on guidance with mid level temps. That's a very good sign at <48 hour leads. 

Yeah its nice to see the cold oozing a little further south....so now we can root this thing on to juicing up for our paste bomb.

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm kinda expecting the euro to come in a little colder now. It's been the most steady model in general by far the last 4 runs. Usually means good things. The only thing that was bad with the 12z run was pushing the rain snow line to PA. Bring that back south tonight and the bleeding has reversed. 

I want to see how the 00z UKIE is.  12z was a paste bomb of 12 to 14mm at DCA.  Want to see UKIE hold the line

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

I want to see how the 00z UKIE is.  12z was a paste bomb of 12 to 14mm at DCA.  Want to see UKIE hold the line

Yea, it was super close with temps. If the ukie comes in a little colder and still has a good slug of precip then we're in pretty good shape for the short range. Need to have a little room to spare. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived