Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Snowfest/Rainfest/Mixed Mess?

showmethesnow

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

I'm not going to get into this, but the sun is not "dead", trees are blooming in South Carolina for goodness sake. And I'm pretty sure the sun angle is more analogous to October at this point, not November. See UV indexes for reference. 

We aren't in South Carolina. We get snow in late February and early march with marginal temps all the time.  I'm not getting into this with you because 150 years of snowfall records prove the point. Scoreboard

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

feel like this event should of done better with UL pattern. 50/50 low to far north. The block too far north in general. Annoyed that we let another high slip away to the east

image.png.d7268156f0dc0efb6c6d0c460bbedc42.png

Who's "we"? Lol And as others PSU and Bob have reiterated....around here, even good looks need a little bit of good fortune...we are just striking out (kind of) this time.

Just now, mappy said:

That includes a lot of mix and sleet. By 03z its showing rain over DC and up 95

who cares about DC. This storm is for the North and West suburbs...who have been screwed all winter. Especially West. It looks like NAm keeps me all snow lol

Snow-depth map is a bit depressing, though I find those typically as underdone as the Kuchera is often overdone, though Kuchera looks more realistic with this storm. It seems to be picking up on the low ratio snows whereas it typically seems to overestimate how high the ratio will be.

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

Snow-depth map is a bit depressing, though I find those typically as underdone as the Kuchera is often overdone, though Kuchera looks more realistic with this storm. It seems to be picking up on the low ratio snows whereas it typically seems to overestimate how high the ratio will be.

Yeah, it seems like maybe a blend between snow depth map and Kuchera would make sense. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived