Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Weekend Snowfest/Rainfest/Mixed Mess?

showmethesnow

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, yoda said:

More like late evening into overnight... DCA has 0.15 QPF by 00z SUN and the majority of the snow pounding comes in the next 6 hour period from about 8pm to 2am

Exactly. I'm talking start times. It is snowing during the daytime with this. Which is good. Why anyone cares if it snows when you're asleep is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It's Saturday evening on a holiday weekend and we haven't had a warning snow in years.  Stay up. This is not something that even makes the list of things to worry about. 

Personally, I wouldn’t care if it was the 10th warning snow this month. I’d still be up at 2 am to watch snow fall from the sky :P

1 minute ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Personally, I wouldn’t care if it was the 10th warning snow this month. I’d still be up at 2 am to watch snow fall from the sky :P

The St Paddy's day storm started in the afternoon/evening and went through the night. Was perfect

7 minutes ago, Ger said:

The St Paddy's day storm started in the afternoon/evening and went through the night. Was perfect

Yes, it just began snowing late in the afternoon when temperatures were around ~40ish as I recall.  They quickly dropped thereafter and the snow picked up overnight.  It was a great storm, especially given the time of year (mid-March).  Not saying this upcoming weekend will be identical, but the timing similarity on the Euro is there so it's an easy "comparison" to make with St. Pat's 2014.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived