Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Snowfest/Rainfest/Mixed Mess?

showmethesnow

1 minute ago, Ji said:

i think most people on this forum are tired of T-1 inch storms. If we dont get at least 3, this storm will be a massive letdown. 2 wont cut it..T-1 will be a disaster

This has the potential for DCA to post 1.4 inches while Dulles gets 5+ and other areas 10 miles from DCA get 3+.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

I'd say <1" dca up to 4" IAD and then everything between.

Splitting hairs.  But same idea.  If we get the precip I bet a suburb posts 5+ inches.  Subject to change after I see the Euro.  Then subject to change every 6 hours until Saturday afternoon lol.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Yup...my first snow event I'm going to miss.  Not too tore up about it, but still irritated.  

were are now 84 hours out from the first flakes but in reality 72 hours is when the storm begins to develop. Should be in the euro deadly range(we hope)

19 minutes ago, CoastalBecs said:

How do we rank models now at this juncture (based on seasonal depictions and accuracy) being only 84 hours or so away from precip starting? I am getting excited after seeing the EURO roll in like this but want to maintain any crazy jumps for joy...

I myself like the Euro op outside of 48 hours over the GFS. Inside 48 it depends on which makes more sense or has been more consistent. Don't really pay attention to the ops outside of 5 days, sometimes even less depending how rough they are running. As far as ensembles I have liked the GEFS slightly better this winter then the EPS but that is just my opinion. Once they get inside of 72 hours they rapidly lose their utility though.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived