Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 17-18 Threat Discussion

The Iceman

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be surprised if I have 25% of my total left by the end of the day. Took a walk around 5am this morning and all you could hear is dripping/sewer drainage...streets were clear. I don't think I went below 32F overnight? It was a cool couple hours last night but I dread the Spring thing coming this week...It's F'en February!!!

2 hours ago, penndotguy said:

I ended up with 7.5 when all was said and done, I wonder how much was lost to compaction? 

I'm surprised at your amount. Not calling you out but I only got 6.5 inches which i measured last night and this morning I'm already down to below 5.5 inches due to compaction/melting. Although I do think you were in the heavier band for a bit longer than I was. Either way, it'll all be melted in a day or two. 

Season total so far at about 29.5 inches. Hoping to make it to average (33 inches) by the end of winter.

After last night's event we now have 25.4" for the 2017/18 winter season which is (0.8") below average snowfall through yesterday. MTD we are at 6.8"... we are likely done with snow for February so we should finish the month well below our normal monthly snowfall of 12.4". Through the end of February our average seasonal snowfall should stand at 31.0". We will have some work to do in March/April to get us to our normal seasonal snowfall of 36". 

Archived