Newest Member
    joxey
February Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Just throwing a contrarian idea in so don't think I'm being hostile. Just discussing...but wouldn't that be better in banter?  Legit negatuve analysis is fine. Plenty of us have said the pattern looks bad and why. But pure complaining about how someone doesn't like it seems like banter or panic room stuff to me. Because 90% of us aren't happy and the people who make those kinds of emotional posts seem to outnumber the people making substantive analysis so if that belongs in here wouldn't this thread just come one big b!tch fest about how bad this winter was?

Im pretty unhappy about it too. And I wouldn't mind venting a bit. Create a thread for that or do it in banter and panic and I'll participate but why does it have to be in this thread if some are still trying to simply objectively analyze the pattern?  

Im not upset about anything I'm just unsure why some insist in posting their frustrations in this thread when there are threads specifically created for that?  Everyone can get what they want. They can complain 10 times a day and those that want a thread to analyze without 60 posts a day of complaints can have that too if we all simply post in the correct threads. I just don't understand why that's so hard?

Dude, CAPE posted, and I responded. Gonna call him out too, or just people who don't want their flowering trees destroyed in the search for a paste bomb in March? Do I need to post a random map to be allowed to post in this thread? **** this. That was my first post in this thread, and it gets this. This place sucks. I just re-checked page 6, and LOL - but my post gets called out. But, okey dokey. You got it. I am out.

Soooooooo.....just to summarize for the weekend "threat". 

Yes:  ICON, CMC (0Z at least), a fraction of GEFS and EPS ensemble members 

vs

No:  GFS, Euro, and the majority of the EPS and GEFS ensemble members.

Guidance doesn't look great at the moment, but doesn't appear to close the door on us yet, either.  At least it gives us something to track!  and dream about...

1 hour ago, poolz1 said:

Speculating past day 16 during a year like we have had comes with big risks in here..lol  But I still enjoy it..

Looping that run of the gefs has the trough backing into the east coast and the trough in SW continuing to fade off the coast.  Higher heights starting in W Canada and wanting to connect to the NAO ridge. IMO, day 18-19 would be a beautiful look.  Funny how both the gefs and geps had this look a few days ago and then lost it and then now both are picking back up on the idea...

Any changes up top, including the favored NAO domain, that would be West - NAO based vs East based - NAO will take time to happen.  Would be nice to get some PAC help as well by that time. 

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

This can work. Eject some SW energy eastward underneath a stout block.

gfs.thumb.png.af2c055f1dc2c697ca3c5a0c72594837.png

Sucks that it’s february 28-31, but that’s a pretty good look, especially with some troughiness near 50/50. This time of year, I just get done with looking at D10+. Even if it’s a snowy year that’s usually true for me by February.

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Dude, CAPE posted, and I responded. Gonna call him out too, or just people who don't want their flowering trees destroyed in the search for a paste bomb in March? Do I need to post a random map to be allowed to post in this thread? **** this. That was my first post in this thread, and it gets this. This place sucks. I just re-checked page 6, and LOL - but my post gets called out. But, okey dokey. You got it. I am out.

Chill out. No one attacked you. Go back and read the first line of my post. I literally said I'm just throwing a contrarian opinion out to discuss and not being hostile, and you still act like its shots fired. No one is trying to chase you anywhere so stop it. I was offering my opinion of what kind of posts would be better off in what threads. 

its just my opinion. I have no power to enforce anything. And I didn't even come at you lie that I said I wanted to discuss and posed a question and you react like your under attack?  

If people have the right to post 500 complaints and 500 posts why they should get to complain then I damn well have the right to offer my opinion also. That's not an attack that's how a freaking discussion works. 

But for some reason lately anytime someone disagrees with anyone else they act like someone spit on them. It's getting old. I don't have any problem with you. And I'm not trying to chase you or anyone else away (except Avanti he is a hot mess) but if you offer your opinion on things others have the right to offer differing opinions. You are welcome to disagree with me and push back but I have the right to disagree with you especially when I went out of my way to do it in a civil respectful way. 

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Sucks that it’s february 28-31, but that’s a pretty good look, especially with some troughiness near 50/50. This time of year, I just get done with looking at D10+. Even if it’s a snowy year that’s usually true for me by February.

Agreed. But we need the hail mary, lol. I do like that the CFS weeklies have been pretty steady with a good look for weeks 3 and 4. And now we appear to be seeing the GEFS move towards what it is depicting for the same time frame.

Archived