Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WEEKEND WASHOUT

NJwx85

40 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

meh....need like 4-5'' for impact here

1/2" of rain onto the ice that's on the frozen ground will create a near disaster and we're supposed to get 2". The other day we (I) got 2" of very wet snow then 1" of cold rain on top of frozen ground and it got super soggy then it froze up solid and today it has been snowing (lightly) most of the day. It's going to be a mess if we get 2" of rain unless it comes so hard and fast it runs off before too much of the icepack melts. Unfortunately everyone below my house is going to be very wet and the creeks will flood big time because the beds are frozen solid. 

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

You know that there will be some heavy overrunning rains when you see this sharp of a temperature gradient. There will be boundary separating winter from spring. The moisture plume will have near record PWATS for Feb.

nam_t2m_max_nj_12.thumb.png.afaf39eb5285d8cc69c57cc7c790a4c1.png

Monmouth county jackpot?

6 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Funny you should say that, the 12z Euro has a jackpot area of 3"+ which runs from near BWI up 95 towards Monmouth and the Southern parts of NYC.

Oh that's interesting, I was following the line of the greatest thermal gradient, looks like from Monmouth County to  Southern SI over to Coney Island and The Rockaways and perhaps over to my area. :-)

Too bad we won't see a lot of wind with this.

Just now, Paragon said:

Oh that's interesting, I was following the line of the greatest thermal gradient, looks like from Monmouth County to  Southern SI over to Coney Island and The Rockaways and perhaps over to my area. :-)

Too bad we won't see a lot of wind with this.

It gets quite windy on the Euro but most of it stays just offshore and it's not until Sunday night as the storm is passing. 

PWAT's approach 2" over Southern areas of this sub-forum. Rainfall looks to be the main concern however convection/thunder is possible. 

It's possible that Monday could end up being rainy too with the front stalled near the coast.

Just now, NJwx85 said:

It gets quite windy on the Euro but most of it stays just offshore and it's not until Sunday night as the storm is passing. 

PWAT's approach 2" over Southern areas of this sub-forum. Rainfall looks to be the main concern however convection/thunder is possible. 

It's possible that Monday could end up being rainy too with the front stalled near the coast.

I was looking at that, this could be one of our biggest long duration precip producers in quite some while.  

Archived