Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super Soaker Sunday (& Monday)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What a worthless weekend in many regards. Turn the page, hope for better.

Managed 4" of snow at home this weekend but now 30F with light freezing rain and it's going to rain just enough to wreck the snow surface back to eastern firm for tomorrow.  

The 10-day doesn't look fun for winter lovers even in NNE though.  Stout pack so it isn't going anywhere quickly.

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Managed 4" of snow at home this weekend but now 30F with light freezing rain and it's going to rain just enough to wreck the snow surface back to eastern firm for tomorrow.  

The 10-day doesn't look fun for winter lovers even in NNE though.  Stout pack so it isn't going anywhere quickly.

I'm planning on going skiing this weekend somewhere in New England, just haven't decided where. Right now the weekend looks sunny and seasonable. Just hopefully it holds.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Uggghhh.  Misery ensuing even 'Freak-Land.

Absolutely awful.

22 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ice threat is increasing congrats Dendrite 

Yep temp inching down.  Very light rain today, heavier stuff 20 miles south, good job models.  33.2F   driveway is a sheet of ice with cold ground.  Temp should jump for a bit around fropa.  Some melting this week but not enough for any ground patches to appear.

57 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Yep temp inching down.  Very light rain today, heavier stuff 20 miles south, good job models.  33.2F   driveway is a sheet of ice with cold ground.  Temp should jump for a bit around fropa.  Some melting this week but not enough for any ground patches to appear.

32.5F now with rain moving out. I need some dry air to move in so the chook's run can dry out.

I agree...probably no bare spots, but if the Euro is right there's an outside shot that your south facing slope sees some. At least tomorrow shouldn't be a flash freeze. We'll get some sun and much lower RH.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

1.10 total as event is about over. Furnaced at 51.6.

Just FF to May please 

Holy crap you hit the 50s?!  I haven't been paying attention enough, didn't think we'd see 50s in New England.

Rotting at 34F here with 16-17" on the ground.

What sucks is I was out with the dog a half hour ago thinking, this is when you are primed to take winter to the next level and Mother Nature doesn't agree.  The snowpack is solid but average for what you'd think in NNE in February.  But if somehow another foot were to fall that's what takes it into "deep winter" territory and really moves it up a full notch.  You build it up and have a solid launching point, but it just can never truly take off.  So you are left with average and not note-worthy in the long run.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Holy crap you hit the 50s?!  I haven't been paying attention enough, didn't think we'd see 50s in New England.

Rotting at 34F here with 16-17" on the ground.

What sucks is I was out with the dog a half hour ago thinking, this is when you are primed to take winter to the next level and Mother Nature doesn't agree.  The snowpack is solid but average for what you'd think in NNE in February.  But if somehow another foot were to fall that's what takes it into "deep winter" territory and really moves it up a full notch.  You build it up and have a solid launching point, but it just can never truly take off.  So you are left with average and not note-worthy in the long run.

And then you know someone that works at a ski resort and they see all the long range guidance.. and you have ski trips planned in Morch.. well.. you start to really worry. Really really worry

Archived