Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super Soaker Sunday (& Monday)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

i'm still not convinced there won't be an icing concern in the interior N of the pike and particular into cne for at least part of that.

the 18z grid at alb shows all of 1C at 980 mb with NNE drain going on...and I suspect that's plauible into at least rt 2 .. 

Plausible sure.  Looks like models have it though in NNE mostly. 

I always find it AWESOME as hell when I see the snow totals for my area as weak sauce, but when it come to rain...f*ck it... as I get the, NO HOLD's BARRED...RELEASE THE DAMN HOUNDS...OPEN THE FLOOD GATES, and start building the ark kind of rains.  Love it.  I may move to Deep snow country Canada.  

Truly awful.  

5 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I always find it AWESOME as hell when I see the snow totals for my area as weak sauce, but when it come to rain...f*ck it... as I get the, NO HOLD's BARRED...RELEASE THE DAMN HOUNDS...OPEN THE FLOOD GATES, and start building the ark kind of rains.  Love it.  I may move to Deep snow country Canada.  

Truly awful.  

Lost it?

5 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Truly awful.  

Warmer air holds more mositure.

A little surprised the NWS doesn't have any statement out as even in the AFD they say they are expecting 3-6" between tonight and tomorrow before the mixed precip event on Sunday. 

It is getting to that time of year when 3-6" is pretty meh though.

Tonight
Snow, mainly after 9pm. Low around 16. South wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow. High near 32. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow. Low around 24. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow likely before noon, then snow and sleet likely between noon and 1pm, then sleet likely after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Plausible sure.  Looks like models have it though in NNE mostly. 

heh... I guess the point I'm dancing around there is that ... if there is 'plausibility' I find it interesting that no one's really mentioning it...

It' 28/14 here in N-central Mass/rt 2 and that boundary materializes S of here and we are defaulted into a N drift because of that...

Okay... it's prolly be the difference between 40 and 33.1 ..

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Just a few more twists PF. :lol:

Ha I don't mean it but it looks like a decent event locally.

Even now, it just started to snow hard.  If this is the type and location of the orographics for this event (Spine and east side), we'll do well.  This scan is drifting a little downwind at the surface.

IMG_8481.GIF.afc231c31da27a842ed5521b1ad1f65b.GIF

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I don't mean it but it looks like a decent event locally.

Even now, it just started to snow hard.  If this is the type and location of the orographics for this event (Spine and east side), we'll do well.  This scan is drifting a little downwind at the surface.

IMG_8481.GIF.afc231c31da27a842ed5521b1ad1f65b.GIF

Again congrats on the 6 to 12

6 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Truly awful.  

Epic.....I love this.....I got a weenie tag once for this.....lolz

15 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Models are advertising a couple rounds of wet precip between Sunday and Monday with a brief respite in between.  Model QPF is on the order of 1-3".  Enjoy.:flood:

Gonna need to watch for localized flooding as the ground is still frozen.

gem_apcpn_neus_14.thumb.png.015d91be6e60e599185e43623ed8e7f2.png

gfs_apcpn_neus_14.thumb.png.718934fefdccaa6cc77bf45c2acc4a59.png

namconus_apcpn_neus_28.thumb.png.ee1009e27a340585b08caa331e9f9116.png

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2018020912_90_519_220.thumb.png.5a2bde2565871867b33da991441df409.png

Boy, screwed on the qpf again.  FTW.

26.7*

28 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Drive up there to confirm and pick up some Hill Farmstead while you are there.

I know that's what I was thinking!  Hill Farmstead pow day.

Talk about localized dump.... you never know what the weird topography around here will do.

Greensboro reporting stations coming in with warning criteria overnight, lol.

map.gif.44ae4220a6519de7c38ce464413c4ef2.gif

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I know that's what I was thinking!  Hill Farmstead pow day.

Talk about localized dump.... you never know what the weird topography around here will do.

Greensboro reporting stations coming in with warning criteria overnight, lol.

map.gif.44ae4220a6519de7c38ce464413c4ef2.gif

I lived up there for about 6 months in the 90's.  Fascinating micro-climates all around the NE Kingdom.

Archived