• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
What are your top favorite fake snowstorms of all time

Ji

March 5th 2013 was a biggie. I'd assume that if that storm happened in January, it'd be one to remember. Heck, even if the heaviest snow happened at night. Being in 4th grade, I didn't care as much, but building a snowman in 2" of slop wasn't exactly fun. I remember telling all my classmates that we wouldn't have school for at least 3 days. Came back with just 1 day in between, and let's just say I let a lot of people down :lol:

26 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

March 5th 2013 was a biggie. I'd assume that if that storm happened in January, it'd be one to remember. Heck, even if the heaviest snow happened at night. Being in 4th grade, I didn't care as much, but building a snowman in 2" of slop wasn't exactly fun. I remember telling all my classmates that we wouldn't have school for at least 3 days. Came back with just 1 day in between, and let's just say I let a lot of people down :lol:

You are only in 9th grade now? If that’s the case I’m impressed with your understanding of basic meteorology and model analysis. Are you planning on pursuing a career as a Met? I’d be happy to talk with you about colleges and career path if you’d like. I’ve been an NWS Met for 18 years.  

I remember telling my 4th grade teacher that we're gonna get 4-6 inches of snow... of course, only understanding a little about weather but better than knowing nothing like every other student in that class... being the only one was kinda awkward and people still call me "weather man" for that reason. They would ask me "is it gonna snow tomorrow" and i would say "yes, we're getting 4-6 inches"

The next day i was in school because nothing fell. Totally wrong, and was mad. 

Go back in time a little further to... 1st grade! In February of 2010, knowing nothing about any forecast about 2 feet of snow coming the next day.. It was lit once i was shoveling out of 20 inches of shredded baking powder, it was fun. We would go sledding on a hill with somewhere around 4-5 feet snow drifts. Kinda hard to walk in.  February 10, 2010, Dad records a video of me and my older brother, Chaise, shoveling snow away from the Jeep we used to have. I still vividly remember that. 

Sometime in the beginning of March 2009, My parents took me for a ride during the March blizzard. Our Jeep got stuck. I actually remember being in Bed the night before and hearing thunder while it was snowing, although hard to remember. Sweet! Thundersnow.

Memories.

Archived