Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

moneypitmike

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Webcam at Science Museum area in Boston showing that its going over to a mix there.  Looks like its snowing over the higher buildings unless that is just fog.  Waltham webcams show heavy snow   http://masswebcams.com/boston-live-video-webcam/ click on the triangle.  Actually it looks like snow.  Time sensitive but far west backbay is lower vis while east is better vis

No flakes any more at Northeastern on Huntington Avenue.  Haven't been outside, so not sure if it is just plain rain or freezing rain.  Just an ugly afternoon now!

5 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I would've thought  up north you would've held on a little longer .  Oh well, next ! 

i think things have fallen so far on par with scheduling... 

it's really the very most shallow surface layer that is I skeptical of heading into the evening...  Some of the meso modeling tried to close off a circulation around Logan which is ageostrophic kicks in, that will offset any latent heat release from accretion and either way...icing or not, the cold just always errors on longer at the surface east of the Berks. 

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

As tip mentioned, there isn’t any low level CAD ongoing in the areas that already flipped to ZR. That’s going to spike the BL quickly above freezing, particularly with 925 and 850 being so warm.

Latent heating will rise it to 32F, but that’s it. Everyone will rot in that 31-33F zone depending on elevation. That has nothing to do with the sfc low/front track. 

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

As tip mentioned, there isn’t any low level CAD ongoing in the areas that already flipped to ZR. That’s going to spike the BL quickly above freezing, particularly with 925 and 850 being so warm.

Mmm not exactly what I said...  

I said, there isn't a defined draining/ageo flow just yet.  CAD is CAD ... that's really more a unit of mass (for all intents and purposes) and at 28 F routine interior temps that's pretty prevalent.  

Not to get involved in any arguments, just sayn'

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In all honesty.. do you have your degree? You’re just embarrassing yourself at this point.

For what it's worth it's 27F off of the Davis here at Public Works in Manchester.  We keep pretty good tabs on the temps here for obvious reasons.

With that being said, I don't see why your 26.5F temp is not believable.  

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Folks still don't know the difference from zr to rn............:blink:

As population swells... it's a numbers game.   if 100 persons in a community of 10,000 are proletariat nimrods ... that means that if there is 1,000,000 people, there are 10,000 ..and on and so on.. .and since there are say 50,000,000 in eastern mass, that's 50,000 nimrods and the probability suddenly jumps that one or two of them are in a reporting corral 

j/k - but i like that haha

Just now, JGNYK03 said:

The whole temps jumping quickly to or above freezing once it turns to rain theory is failing. We’ve had 4.5 hours of freezing rain here. The temp went from 25.3 at 10:15 to 29.3 now. 15 miles from the shore elevation 650’. 

Nah quickly way above freezing. 925’s are warm . No icing 

1 minute ago, JGNYK03 said:

The whole temps jumping quickly to or above freezing once it turns to rain theory is failing. We’ve had 4.5 hours of freezing rain here. The temp went from 25.3 at 10:15 to 29.3 now. 15 miles from the shore elevation 650’. 

Yeah it's been all ZR for 2 hours here and it's slowly crept up 2 degrees.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

As population swells... it's a numbers game.   if 100 persons in a community of 10,000 are proletariat nimrods ... that means that if there is 1,000,000 people, there are 10,000 ..and on and so on.. .and since there are say 50,000,000 in eastern mass, that's 50,000 nimrods and the probability suddenly jumps that one or two of them are in a reporting corral 

j/k - but i like that haha

:lol:  Its a widespread epidemic.

Archived