• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
moneypitmike

The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

You're just asking to be sued!

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I thought you were referring to the pope vs. the world disco.

Stop this hateful intolerance.  I demand it.

Ripping.

I'm looking meso analysys and the ageo hasn't really kicked in very obviously...we're still snowing and or accreting from cold in the bank - so to speak. 

When/if the warm intrusion off the deck finally flips most over to ZR ... the temp will rise toward freezing pretty freely unless that ageo component kicks in. 

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

The freezing rain is going to spike temps pretty good down there now.

Tolland just jumped to 30/27.

Didn't last long as snow in Southborough . 2 inches on the ground and now what seems like rain although it's still below freezing . 

29.7 and still pouring, pines are starting to get that "hazy" look to them. Sun angle helped keep things from accruing too much, but becoming more noticeable now. We might have 3-4 hours of precip yet? At this rate we won't get too far above freezing until after the precip ends.

Webcam at Science Museum area in Boston showing that its going over to a mix there.  Looks like its snowing over the higher buildings unless that is just fog.  Waltham webcams show heavy snow   http://masswebcams.com/boston-live-video-webcam/ click on the triangle.  Actually it looks like snow.  Time sensitive but far west backbay is lower vis while east is better vis

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

Didn't last long as snow in Southborough . 2 inches on the ground and now what seems like rain although it's still below freezing . 

Yea non event around there. Should be plain rain in short order.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ll be using the nws obs and official reports. I don’t exactly trust what you report in your back yard. :weenie:

If you have freezing rain right now, which you do, your temp is going to jump to above freezing in a hour or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yea non event around there. Should be plain rain in short order.

I guess latent heating to 32F before the event ends without the sfc boundary pushing throuh there would be a win in your book?

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

all sleet even here in Ayer now... just in the last 10 minutes... 26/25

I would've thought  up north you would've held on a little longer .  Oh well, next ! 

Just now, jbenedet said:

I’ll be using the nws obs and official reports. I don’t exactly trust what you report in your back yard. :weenie:

If you have freezing rain right now, which you do, your temp is going to jump to above freezing in a hour or so.

So where did you get your 30F? The HS there is 29F and he is at 1kft. ORH is 24F.

15 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yet more proof that with SWFE you can usually count on the changeover coming in and hour or two quicker than modeled.  To over perform in these you really need to get lucky and be in the best snow growth zone. 

or the low to track acy to ack

I couldn’t care less what you think or trust but thanks. Will you admit you were wrong tonight or find an ob in Falmouth to verify you were right?