joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

moneypitmike

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This stuff is awesome actually....just dense baking powder but some aggregaes mixed in just enough to prob help ratios from being like 8 or 9 to 1.

Pouring snow though...def looks more impressive outside then what radar leads me to think. Radar would say like regular moderate snow. So yeah, prob some CF enhancement as Scott mentioned.

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah looks like there is a little bit of resistance to the sleet line in E MA vs a little further west....won't stay that way though. But could buy an extra 30 min.

Feb7_130pm_radar.gif

Sleet line is trucking up N of Springfield already,  what do you think MPM and I have 1-2 hours before we ping?  

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sleet line is trucking up N of Springfield already,  what do you think MPM and I have 1-2 hours before we ping?  

Yeah prob about an hour to 90 minutes. These things can be kind of tough to nowcast...they will sometimes temporarily halt for a while.

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Absolutely ripping here....but it looks like the last hurrah...sleet line fast approaching on dual pol ad there's a lot more aggregates now which is betraying the existence of the warming layer aloft. We'll see how much longer it holds on.

And 14 minutes later there's the pingers...mixed with aggregates but rapidly transitioning by the second.

Archived