Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

moneypitmike

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tamarack said:

I'm guessing that's 2/7 before the snow started.  My total for that period, 2/7's 0.97" LE included, is 6.76".    Got 9.0" yesterday, 2/3 coming in 4 hr 5-9 PM.  Total now 6" AN for the date, 23" pack also +6" from avg.

We expected this gradient winter, you guys should be rocking well into March

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

They never warm sectored like TAN. There was that brief little spike to 42F with the FROPA when the pressure began to rise and the westerlies kicked in, but that was it.

And a beautiful warm-air intrusion it was.  Was able to step outside without fear of breaking my neck on any snow/ice.

2 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

The thing about living up here, which I learned quickly when I moved to Webster NH on March 31 2008, is that just when you think spring is taking hold, we sometimes go back into deep winter later in Feb and March.  This happened last year.  It might happen this year.  It can be fun, but it can also get old when you start to yearn for the sun on your nape and you want to plant your spring garden.

It's going to be weird holding off spring for another month and half haha

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Early Feb and he's getting sick of the cold. He's going to love the rest of Feb, Mar, and Apr.

Weak I know :) hard to take the southerner in me out.

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

2.8" more and i'll be at seasonal avg.........;)

Another 32.2" and I'll get there.  I think we make it, probably with room to spare.  (Useless trivia - the average here is in the high 80s.  In 19 winters, we've never had one finish anywhere in the 80s; 9 at 79.2" or less, 10 at 90.4" or more.)

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Another 32.2" and I'll get there.  I think we make it, probably with room to spare.  (Useless trivia - the average here is in the high 80s.  In 19 winters, we've never had one finish anywhere in the 80s; 9 at 79.2" or less, 10 at 90.4" or more.)

I agree, I think we will be well over here when its all said and done, I projected 110", So that would be close to what you are looking for that i need in the 30-35" range.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

38.3” and avg is 58-60” 

Long ways to go in a largely unfavorable pattern 

Your YTD total and your annual average are almost identical to Greenfield.  

I have had continuous snow cover since early December but  I also feel that the winter has been somewhat mediocre  but certainly not terrible.

13 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea I got a flu shot and only was bad for 2 days, cough lasted a while though

I’ve been getting flu shots forever-hopefully this won’t last much longer.  The shots are ineffective this year.  First flu for me in at least 30-40 years.

Broght snow covered landscape today!

Archived