SnowHabit
The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

moneypitmike

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Really, how is Eyewall doing?

Doing ok. We busted a bit low on this storm (somewhere around 6") but no complaints. We haven't had our double digit storm but looks like the conditions will be solid at Smuggs on Friday.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

ORH is 32F with some mixed post frontal showers.

Yeah I'm really puzzled why he is hammering that very brief post-FROPA spike as some sort of smoking gun in a forecast....that phenomenon was even talked about last night during this whole debate. 

Unless I'm missing something. Was the FROPA not talked about? Am I making that up? 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'm really puzzled why he is hammering that very brief post-FROPA spike as some sort of smoking gun in a forecast....that phenomenon was even talked about last night during this whole debate. 

Unless I'm missing something. Was the FROPA not talked about? Am I making that up? 

No you did, - " If ORH tickles above freezing it would be when the event is almost over...but they prob won't go above freezing. "

I asked CTRain a serious question I wasn't bustin' chops.  I apologize if it seemed that way.

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

You're the expert to the layman it looks like rain.

rain.jpg

You’re using the temp from a home station, some weird wx underground ptype guess, and a radar image with ptype guesstimates. The front is through there and they have westerly winds. There’s a little bit of precip leftover behind the low/mid level front so that’s why many are flipping back to ice and snow.

Archived