Weathernoob335
The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

moneypitmike

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bobbutts said:

Was pretty easy to see this changeover even on the old reflective radar

Models last night had a late surge of IP getting up to IZG and dryslot so no big surprise really. Given SWFE ratio climo and the modeled sleet I never liked the big snow numbers here. I was on the 6-8” train from here to CON.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Models last night had a late surge of IP getting up to IZG and dryslot so no big surprise really. Given SWFE ratio climo and the modeled sleet I never liked the big snow numbers here. I was on the 6-8” train from here to CON.

I'm flipping up here right now too.  I thought I was totally safe from any mix.   I'm at 50/50 IP and big aggragates.  (See Im learning the snow terminology a bit).  As I speak its back to snow.  Curious to see what happens in next little bit of time.  I would guess it should go right back to snow.....

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I'm flipping up here right now too.  I thought I was totally safe from any mix.   I'm at 50/50 IP and big aggragates.  (See Im learning the snow terminology a bit).  As I speak its back to snow.  Curious to see what happens in next little bit of time.  I would guess it should go right back to snow.....

Sleet made lots of progress last hour.  1hr ago:

1hr.jpg

Now:

0hr.jpg

7 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I will give the pope credit on the ZR call. I thought it would be mostly sleet with maybe some FZDZ at the end but it was like 20 minutes of sleet then straight to ZR. 

Yep, just went outside and confirmed it has transitioned here as well.  Sleet was short-lived.

Interesting situation here. I take the commuter rail to the 128 station in Westwood where there is a big old 4 story parking garage with lots of leaks. I've noticed before that the cold air doesn't always get scoured out when the wind is light. Everywhere it's leaking today on the upper levels ice is forming inside the garage making for treacherous walking and driving. Talk about a micro climate.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Archived