Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

moneypitmike

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

Now 50/50 snow/IP.  27/27.  Slowly going back to snow.  Sleet went from clear to more frosted and chunky...almost graupely.  Some snow grains mixed in too. 

Yep, can see the mix line sliding SE on Dual Pol pretty clearly, could pick up a couple inches I would think as ENX radar looks pretty good NW of mix line for some nice bursts.

Mix line looks like it got within a mile or two of my house..had some Pingers mix in, but mostly SN the whole time.

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Visibility is up big time on the Stratton cam so sleet made it way up into southern Vermont. 

I've been looking at the Stratton and Mount Snow cams obsessively.  Does seem that some sleet made it to Stratton, but only in the last 30 minutes or so.  Trying to decide if it will affect conditions much.  If it's just a bit of sleet in a big snow pack, probably won't make much difference.  If there is any crust, it could be an issue.  Wondering if I should consider Okemo/Killington tomorrow (I have a MAX pass).

By the way, congratulate me on my 1000th post.

5 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Changeover to mostly IP has occurred.  Combination of IP and what appear to be ultra tiny flakes.

Watching the NH Ch 9 news right now and they are showing Concord NH. Vis is way up so mix line has made it far north. Manchester NH is straight ZR as their on air Met is reporting outside and said no IP just freezing rain.

Just now, weathafella said:

Next time Kevin goes to confession he has to admit he hates the pope.

We all bust ..we all get stubborn at times and hate to admit we are wrong and hang onto bad ideas too long. But most folks admit it and don’t call folks liars. That’s the only issue I have . I would hope he comes on here and admits it, and explains why it happened so everyone else , along with him can learn 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We all bust ..we all get stubborn at times and hate to admit we are wrong and hang onto bad ideas too long. But most folks admit it and don’t call folks liars. That’s the only issue I have . I would hope he comes on here and admits it, and explains why it happened so everyone else , along with him can learn 

So tell us what you got, for snowfall, i know you were set on 4" + heavy ice. I'm guessing its less than 2" of snow plus lots of ZR?

Archived