Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

moneypitmike

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Did you see his map? I think he was too aggressive for sure. 6-9"?  For the record, I thought the amounts would be higher too yesterday. This morning I commented on taking those down, but the track of the low ain't changing.

yeah your right, he was off big time.. haha.. can't get them all right!

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Bbiuttt 925 and 850’s are warm and east winds and no high.. low from LI to GON then moves NW to TOL then back Northeast over BOS

For the record,I did say you will probably go above freezing, but remain below for a good chunk of the event. I thought you'd tickle 33-34 for a few hours yesterday. Still might.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It was hinted on the meso models as an almost closed isobar near the Cape. Also, look at the winds now from BOS to PVD. BID also switched NW. This is probably temporary, but I think the track is set in SE MA or up to BOS. 

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/mesomap.cgi?state=MA&rawsflag=3

thanks 

#raulknowsverylittle

3 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

yeah, I think he will verify on maybe snow totals but not track and temp profiles.. anyway everyone has their opinion so I respect that, would never question anyone's livelihood or their background

Yes!! Thank you. Some of the criticism today has been way too personal directed at jbenedet. This is the greatest subforum on this site but sometimes it's like Beverly hills 90210. Friendly locker room towel slapping is fine, but questioning a man's livelihood is bull$hit!

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It was hinted on the meso models as an almost closed isobar near the Cape. Also, look at the winds now from BOS to PVD. BID also switched NW. This is probably temporary, but I think the track is set in SE MA or up to BOS. 

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/mesomap.cgi?state=MA&rawsflag=3

tucky tucky

I'm at 30.5/29

2.5" of snow, so I was a hair too high on snowfall.

As far as the low level debate.....there is certainly CAD. Claiming that it is non existent is clearly wrong. However this is a marginal icing event this close to the coast...very thin coating on branches, but that is about it. Many surfaces are wet, so what pope was saying about the lack of a strong drain certainly does seem to have some merit.

The moral of the story is that two sides assumed their positions and the truth fell somewhere in the middle, as is often the case.

Jury is still out, though...because the meso low is just forming....still think we see more cold drainage.

6 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

Yes!! Thank you. Some of the criticism today has been way too personal directed at jbenedet. This is the greatest subforum on this site but sometimes it's like Beverly hills 90210. Friendly locker room towel slapping is fine, but questioning a man's livelihood is bull$hit!

But it’s ok to call someone a liar about their obs right?

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

.06" Ice .5" Snow North Haven, CT

Please send me your snowfall reports for CT, tag me or pm me please. 

Looks like this map will do well except maybe too high in the NW hills.

02_07.18_snow_forecast_1.thumb.jpg.70e41c648c479463216f0bff6ce0715a.jpg

I'm not sure what your first call was, but this map seems to have beaten some of the Connecticut commercial tv stations. Good job.

Archived