Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

moneypitmike

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like NW ORH county is still snow and prob over to MPM though dual pol gets pretty dicey out there. They are kind of in a radar hole of coverage. But it def looks like Winchendn/Royalston are still snow at least for now.

Radar looks like snow for me but it is pinging and light rain

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Funny thing is if i posted it was gonna mix at ASH by 3pm, it would of been a "melt down" post.

Who is still snowing at 3pm in SNE

You were rightfully on the mid level warm train yesterday. I thought we'd make it til 4 or 5pm at the time. Yesterdays Euro was definetely too cold 

4 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

You were rightfully on the mid level warm train yesterday. I thought we'd make it til 4 or 5pm at the time. Yesterdays Euro was definetely too cold 

My NWS forecast from this morning didn't have us flipping until 5 or 6pm.   Also had little mention of FZRA here, had us mostly as sleet.  Looks like we glaze though. 

10 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Pope FTW?

Ill give him credit for sticking to his guns and raising some red flags, but his map extrapolated into NH had me in 6-12 and I got 3.5" before flipping. So Id say it came in quicker than I thought as well. I still think the sfc temps stay colder, but we will wait and see. 

6 minutes ago, klw said:

Oh goody, about to drive the 60 miles home from St J.

Leaving for my commute, only half as long as yours, but hoping no one is stuck ahead of me on Mile Hill - 550' elev gain over 3 miles, then back down 300'+ in one mile (hence the feature's name.)

Current visibility in Augusta <1/4 mile, still little flakes, 2-3" new.

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

yeah, I think he will verify on maybe snow totals but not track and temp profiles.. anyway everyone has their opinion so I respect that, would never question anyone's livelihood or their background

Did you see his map? I think he was too aggressive for sure. 6-9"?  For the record, I thought the amounts would be higher too yesterday. This morning I commented on taking those down, but the track of the low ain't changing.

Archived