Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

moneypitmike

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking meso analysys and the ageo hasn't really kicked in very obviously...we're still snowing and or accreting from cold in the bank - so to speak. 

When/if the warm intrusion off the deck finally flips most over to ZR ... the temp will rise toward freezing pretty freely unless that ageo component kicks in. 

Webcam at Science Museum area in Boston showing that its going over to a mix there.  Looks like its snowing over the higher buildings unless that is just fog.  Waltham webcams show heavy snow   http://masswebcams.com/boston-live-video-webcam/ click on the triangle.  Actually it looks like snow.  Time sensitive but far west backbay is lower vis while east is better vis

Just now, jbenedet said:

I’ll be using the nws obs and official reports. I don’t exactly trust what you report in your back yard. :weenie:

If you have freezing rain right now, which you do, your temp is going to jump to above freezing in a hour or so.

So where did you get your 30F? The HS there is 29F and he is at 1kft. ORH is 24F.

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

I’ll be using the nws obs and official reports. I don’t exactly trust what you report in your back yard. :weenie:

If you have freezing rain right now, which you do, your temp is going to jump to above freezing in a hour or so.

I couldn’t care less what you think or trust but thanks. Will you admit you were wrong tonight or find an ob in Falmouth to verify you were right?

Just now, dendrite said:

I guess latent heating to 32F before the event ends without the sfc boundary pushing throuh there would be a win in your book?

As tip mentioned, there isn’t any low level CAD ongoing in the areas that already flipped to ZR. That’s going to spike the BL quickly above freezing, particularly with 925 and 850 being so warm.

Archived